PDA

View Full Version : Studies

rahuldandekar
2004-Dec-28, 02:11 PM
I know many UT members go to school or college. So, how do you fare? What are your grades?

'Bout myself, my marks in school weren't that bad, but not good either. After In came to jumior college, I began studying the 'real' physics. Now I get fairly good marks.

Ola D.
2004-Dec-28, 03:08 PM
My marks for this month were great!
I got the highest mark in Physics and Math :)
You'll probably not see me much around for the next couple of weeks because I'll be having my mid-term exams.
I have a Mechanics exam tomorrow, so I better go study. Wish me luck! ;)

StarLab
2004-Dec-28, 04:58 PM
I'm faring in the B+ range right now, but I'm in winter break (Hanukah was in early December but we don't get a break for that :o :unsure: :blink: !?) at this time. I'm looking forward to a harder second semester of Junior year.

rahuldandekar
2004-Dec-28, 05:32 PM
Ola looks like you are very smart.

Prelims are going on now, so I will not be seen much too. It's Calculus tomorrow, that's why I am posting so much, but sometimes I become overconfident... Maybe I should study now...

bossman20081
2004-Dec-28, 08:01 PM
Im in the A- to A range. My cumulative GPA is 3.660. I scored the highest in the class in English last trimester, I dont have it this trimester. Not bad if I do say so myself.

rahuldandekar
2004-Dec-29, 11:46 AM
Seems many are pretty smart. What about those who not so young? How did you fare in your scool/college days?

Tinaa
2004-Dec-29, 04:56 PM
Well if we are boasting about our grades, I have a cumulative GPA of 3.83 after 168 hours of post secondary education. I've been busy taking some more education classes.

antoniseb
2004-Dec-29, 05:14 PM
My college GPA was under three. I blame several factors:
- diverse interests / spreading myself too thin
- lack of sleep
- a tendency to start projects late
- personally putting a low priority on grades
- family crisies

I'm not saying I'd have done anything differently if I had the chance, but I am saying that you can be pretty smart, know a lot, understand a lot, and still not be a brilliant academic success if you do not focus on a narrow enough area of your life.

Tinaa
2004-Dec-29, 05:26 PM
Amen Anton, I've had to set aside time to do my homework. It helps that my kids are teenagers and they can cook supper and wash clothes. I have lots of support from my husband and kids. I've taken several sociology and psych classes about adolescents. Easy stuff when one is living and working with the subjects of study. My class next semester is adolescent social deviants.

I'd really like to work in a juvenile facility after my kids graduate HS. So many of our kids are raising themselves and getting into a lot of trouble. I just love the problem kids. Many of them are so smart and so lost.

Ola D.
2004-Dec-29, 05:32 PM
That's interesting Tinaa, I enjoy sociology and psychology.

Anton, I'm just curious.. What was your major?
And I agree with your last statement :)

antoniseb
2004-Dec-29, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Ola D.@Dec 29 2004, 05:32 PM
What was your major?
My major was Physics with concentrations in Nuclear and Astronomy. I also minored in Psychology. Was was a few credits away from a double major in Math, and a degree in Computer Science was also within reach [nine credits] by the end.