PDA

View Full Version : Color of the Universe

alfchemist
2005-Jan-18, 05:47 AM
I have always admired the heavens because of its beauty by just looking at it with my naked eyes. And as images from a nebula, a galaxy, or any celestial object were resolved using different filters, I become more mesmerised by the beauty of the universe. But as I ponder on these, I realize, in case optical telescope would view these things without filters, most of the colors would not be visible. Colors that the naked eye could not see. Aesthetics may not be science but it sure could stimulate curiosity.They say environment stimulates evolution. I just wonder if our eyes would evolve to see beyond the visible region if humans start living in places where only filters can resolve colors...

StarLab
2005-Jan-18, 05:59 AM
Well, in response to the topic of your string, for starters, the color of the universe is khaki. I wonder what the shape is?

alfchemist
2005-Jan-18, 04:50 PM
Khaki? Maybe you're refering to a brand of slacks or jeans! :D but seriously, if there would be creatures in those places where EM radiations are not in the visible region, I think they would have eyes that can see those "colors" as in the case of some animals. As far as I can remember, there are animals here which can see colors outside the visible region. Makes you wonder how they view their surroundings particularly the heavens...

Alaskan
2005-Feb-16, 03:09 PM
Say, that wouldn't happen to be "Raymond Alf" chemist would it?

59'