PDA

View Full Version : !Google errors!

ChromeStar
2005-Jan-29, 06:06 PM
I've been experiencing increasing problems, with UT, i get sent to a page saying GOOGLE error exception etc.... or a Yahoo type one.

It happens when i click on a hyperlink or submit buttons.

Is it just me or there others?

ChromeStar
2005-Jan-29, 06:12 PM
Or something like this:

Invalid URL
The requested URL "/forum/index.php?act=idx", is invalid.

Betelgeuse
2005-Jan-29, 07:06 PM
Is the problem directly related to google or to universe today? Sometimes if you click something within 20 seconds of clicking something else it is enabled - anything to do with that?

Fraser
2005-Jan-29, 08:15 PM
Yeah, that just sounds like a problem with my forum, not with Google.

ChromeStar
2005-Jan-30, 07:26 AM
I think it may be the forum? if im not mistaken Google "powers" UT and it would make sense that they put up an error if something isn't working

i don't think it is directly related to google becuase my google works perfectly.

I can usually get to the page i want 2, but i have to refresh or go back ad click on the hyperlink or button again.

ChromeStar
2005-Jan-30, 07:32 AM
just got one:

i.e.
Google error example here (http://www.universetoday.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4809&view=getnewpost)

Betelgeuse
2005-Jan-30, 10:19 AM
Hmm. The link you gave is fine - it appears to be alright to me. Maybe it isn't to do with UT or google but your internet settings?

ChromeStar
2005-Jan-30, 12:33 PM
Is was meant to look like this:

Google Error

Not Found
The requested URL /forum/index.php?act=Post&CODE=02&f=3&t=6292 was not found on this server.

was not found on this server.

I think it may be the google server because i've been having problems with other sites too! :huh: :blink:

it just happened now when i tried to "Show All" smilies :huh: <_<

ChromeStar
2005-Jan-30, 12:40 PM
and yet another:

Google Error

Not Implemented
The server is unable to process your request.

kashi
2005-Jan-30, 01:04 PM
The link you posted seems fine to me. Could it be that you&#39;re computer is infected with spyware?

Matthew
2005-Feb-01, 07:07 AM
Spyware seems to be the most likley cause. Usually if there is an error and a page cannot be found it is listed as a 404 Error (at least in IE), and as such Google does not list Google errors because if every small thing that caused an error was blamed on Google it would loose millions. As such it sounds like spyware. Microsofot has a spyware checker though I am not acquainted with it. Try a web search for "Ad-aware" or "Spybot Search & Destroy". Both good spyware checkers (and they compliment each other very well.

kashi
2005-Feb-01, 08:11 AM
www.lavasoft.de (adaware)

Also, download firefox. Internet Explorer is rubbish.

ChromeStar
2005-Feb-04, 07:14 PM
YES it was spyware <_< :angry:

I downloaded the latest antivirus software and it got rid of the bugger&#33; :D

thanx for your help&#33;&#33;&#33;

Decepticon
2005-Feb-13, 02:28 PM
I recommend Microsoft Antispyware, But only if you know how these type of programs work.

A heavely infected PC Should just be reformated. The amount of time and effort is not worth trying to make heads or tails of spyware that regenerates it&#39;s self after perging the system.

I also recommend Zonealarm.

Note: having Google taskbar running along with Yahoo task bar causes conflicts with each other.

kashi
2005-Feb-13, 02:47 PM
Just use mozilla, then spyware isn&#39;t a problem.