PDA

View Full Version : Area 51 special on FOX 5 (?) WHAT IS THE NAME?

2002-Nov-14, 04:03 PM
does anyone know the name of the Area 51 special that aired on channel FOX 5 at 8 p.m.? I first aired a while ago and all i can remember is that they kept showing a short video of a green or light blue door that was halfway open. I also remember that they showed video footage of some astronauts who wittnesed a ufo in space. There was also other footage that showed an alien in a dark room surrounded by some area 51 medics. Then i think the alien started caughing because it could not breathe oxygen. the show said that a former area 51 employee had smuggled the video out area 51.
This show was a one time thing and not a sci fi mini-series. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION OR ANY IDEA OF WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT, PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! I WILL BE DEEPLY THANKFUL FOR ANY USEFUL REPLY.
WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THAT SHOW? thank you.

Smaug
2002-Nov-14, 04:10 PM
why are there duplicates of this post?

2002-Nov-14, 04:15 PM
there are duplicates so you will ahve a better chance of seeing it.

The Shade
2002-Nov-14, 05:10 PM
I think this post should have been in "Against the Mainstream".

Other than that, what are you planning to do with the information?

The Bad Astronomer
2002-Nov-14, 05:50 PM
I understand you need an answer (I don't have one for you) but please do not post the same thread in multiple fora! I deleted the other ones, and moved the one with replies here to the TV section.

GrapesOfWrath
2002-Nov-14, 06:07 PM
You can get the schedule of Fox (http://www.fox.com/) shows at their website (http://www.fox.com/schedule/schedule_2002.htm), look for the full lineup. They also have an Ask Fox feature.

I don't see the program, what is your local channel? Do they have a website with their schedule?

heliopause
2002-Nov-14, 06:23 PM
Hmmm...wasn't it something like "Area 51: More FOX Bunk and Disinformation?" Grrr...if there was one network I could pull the plug on, it would be Rupert Murdoch's monument to complete excrement in programming!!!

Zathras
2002-Nov-14, 07:28 PM
On 2002-11-14 13:23, heliopause wrote:
Hmmm...wasn't it something like "Area 51: More FOX Bunk and Disinformation?" Grrr...if there was one network I could pull the plug on, it would be Rupert Murdoch's monument to complete excrement in programming!!!

But then what about the Simpsons? Without Fox, there would never have been a graphical description of the Schwartzschild solution on network TV! (Halloween, 1996)

heliopause
2002-Nov-14, 08:06 PM
Sadly, the Simpson's are dead. They just don't do it for me anymore. Homer's clan was the one saving grace of that horrible network, and now, tragically, even they can't make FOX worthwhile.

CJSF
2002-Nov-14, 08:13 PM
Well, I generally watch it for "Malcolm in the Middle", which has the added benefit of They Might Be Giants (http://www.tmbg.com) doing the theme and in-show music. Oh and to keep it on topic, TMBG has a great interest in space and astronomy. They were the music ambassadors for International Space Year in 1992. Their album released that year was "Apollo 18" and featured a VERY interesting album cover you can see here (http://www.tmbg.org/arcade/cover/data/1.jpg)

Yes, that's the Lunar Module to the left.
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CJSF

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Christopher Ferro on 2002-11-14 15:13 ]</font>

n810
2002-Nov-14, 08:37 PM
Don't forget futurama... It may be full of bad astronomy, but it does entertain. What other sci-fi (although not very sci) show, has an alien pet thing that excretes dark matter which is invaluable as interstellar spacecraft fuel.

Plus FOX has the greatest conspiracy theorist of all time on King of the Hill, Dale Gribble.

But I will agree that simpsons has lost it's zing, and with shows like American Idol, no wonder the rest of the world sees the US as sick and corrupt.

EckJerome
2002-Nov-14, 09:41 PM
On 2002-11-14 11:03, 1947 wrote:
does anyone know the name of the Area 51 special that aired on channel FOX 5 at 8

A quick phone call to your local FOX affiliate would probably answer that question.

Eric

MHS
2002-Nov-17, 02:43 PM
But I will agree that simpsons has lost it's zing, and with shows like American Idol, no wonder the rest of the world sees the US as sick and corrupt.

If it makes you feel any better, a show called 'Idols' just started here in The Netherlands. It's based on the show you mentioned. And by the way: Big Brother is originally a Ducth programme. Need I say more...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MHS on 2002-11-17 09:44 ]</font>

2002-Nov-20, 04:22 PM
WHY DID ALMOST EVERY REPLY NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION???

2002-Nov-20, 04:22 PM

heliopause
2002-Nov-20, 05:49 PM
On 2002-11-20 11:22, 1947 wrote:

Maybe because we don't know the answer. A few posters gave you leads on where you might find that information.

The Bad Astronomer
2002-Nov-20, 06:45 PM
On 2002-11-20 11:22, 1947 wrote:

Because this is a public bulletin board, not a dictionary. A lot of questions here spur tangential discussions. It's just the way things are.

Incidentally, using all capital letters is considered by many to be like shouting. If you are upset that no one answered your question, that's not really their fault.

2002-Nov-21, 12:18 PM
Oh well, thank you all for what info you could give me.