PDA

View Full Version : time travel IS possible

dougreed
2005-Jan-30, 08:45 PM
Boy are we dumb !!! :unsure: I was looking at the TV and there it was ! It's been there for a few years ! ( I know, get to the point ) You know those ads for digital cable and digital satallite, well they have a device in their little black hard drive boxes with which you can actually "PAUSE LIVE TV"!!! :o WOW!!! just think, if Jay Leno is telling a joke thats going nowhere, I can pause him and e-mail a good joke to him then start him up again. OR if I see some local live shot of yet another idiot who thinks their pickup is master of a river over flood stage being washed away, I can pause them until help arrives !!! THIS STUFF HAS UNLIMITED POTENTIAL !!! I can't wait to see the confusion at the superbowl as coaches or millions of fans pause evey play until they can get someone into position to intercept or block-what a game!- how long do you think a pass could stay suspended in mid-flight?- no, wait a minute, that means if someone eles is watching the same program and they need a bathroom break or go to the store for beer, then I would have to wait for them, man this isn't going to work!!! I know, I'll just go rent a movie! You know that now THERE IS NO LATE FEE!!! What a nice thing to do... :blink: see-ya, doug

dougreed
2005-Jan-30, 08:48 PM
I see my post time as 8:45 PM. Where is this stuff routed that it's 8:45 ? my local time is 2:45pm....

astromark
2005-Jan-30, 09:21 PM
:huh: Some of my family, and my closest friends have labeled me mad, :rolleyes: I have nothing to add to your contrabution. You have done very well, :D all by your self... :unsure:

Bluewolf027
2005-Jan-31, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by astromark@Jan 30 2005, 02:21 PM
:huh: Some of my family, and my closest friends have labeled me mad, :rolleyes: I have nothing to add to your contrabution. You have done very well, :D all by your self... :unsure:
Now thats funny!!

Matthew
2005-Feb-01, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by dougreed@Jan 31 2005, 07:48 AM
I see my post time as 8:45 PM. Where is this stuff routed that it's 8:45 ? my local time is 2:45pm....
Check you time zone in your controls > Board Settings.

sg_hi
2005-Feb-01, 03:00 PM
gotta check mine too

kashi
2005-Feb-01, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by dougreed@Jan 31 2005, 07:48 AM
The time machine is part of the standard Invision Power Board installation, and you posted it 6 hours in the the future. Damn commerical forum software... Someone's gotta make a phpBB mod for that.

lswinford
2005-Feb-01, 09:25 PM
I've got three emails on the top of my inbox list that are dated for August of 2025 and another for August, 2036. Is there some time travel involved on that? :unsure: (Actually, its a bit of a Y2K hangover that I've held on to)

Still, we do have time travel already. Some think it is linear and others circular, but only the very elderly get to physically regress. ;)

Nonetheless, I had enjoyed the TiVo ads that show the delay of the New York City New Year's count-down at the five-second mark--all because a guy had to go to the bathroom.