PDA

View Full Version : Pen lids...

kashi
2005-Feb-01, 08:13 AM
Why is it that when you drop a pen lid, it always ends up over the other side of the room (or worse...you never find it at all)?

Josh
2005-Feb-01, 08:13 AM
a worm hole opens up due to the friction and momentum of the lid and is only powerful enough, usually, to act within a 4 meter radius. very very rarely the wormhole is temporally unstable and the lid ends up in the past somewhere .. which is why you ocassionally find lids lying around when you hadn't lost one.

true story.

kashi
2005-Feb-01, 03:52 PM
So that means that the pen lids you randomly find are ones that you will lose in the future. Hence, to my way of thinking, it would be a good idea to salvage them so that they may find the appropriate pen in the future.

Betelgeuse
2005-Feb-01, 03:56 PM
This is why I stick to clicky pens without lids! :D

galaxygirl
2005-Feb-01, 04:04 PM
Me too. Clicky pens are also good for annoying people. The one thing you need to watch out for with clicky pens is the bottom half. During intense clicking episodes this part can fly off if it's not tightly attached and enter the wormhole.

ChromeStar
2005-Feb-01, 06:49 PM
Click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click............................................. .............. :P

gavwvin
2005-Feb-02, 12:41 AM
The problem with clicky pens is they don't have a lid. I ask you, what are you supposed to chew?

Matthew
2005-Feb-03, 05:32 AM
The clicky bit is what you chew!

The problem with clicky pens is when I'm bored I pull a pen apart. Naturally many times I do this the spring enters the wormhole and due to its small size the spring essentially disappears.

gavwvin
2005-Feb-03, 10:40 PM
The clicky bit is what you chew!
Yes but this is usually hard plastic so it cracks- vastly reduces the usable lifespan of the pen- and in my opinion not nearly so satisfying as munching a proper ballpoint pen lid.

galaxygirl
2005-Feb-03, 11:48 PM
You could always tie a pen lid to the top part of a clicky pen, that way you can click and chew at the same time.

Algenon the mouse
2005-Feb-04, 03:54 AM
The probablity that a cap to a pen will end up on the other side of the room via a worm hole (the "A" type" usually found in dryers)is porportionatly related to the whether the pen will dry out before you can find and retrieve the cap.

The same is true of car keys and socks.

Josh
2005-Feb-04, 04:07 AM
None of my car keys or socks have ever had drying out problems.

Algenon the mouse
2005-Feb-05, 02:57 AM
You must live in another place other than Seattle Josh.(hehe) But I referring to the wormhole every dryer must have that eats socks and car keys..

damienpaul
2005-Feb-05, 05:01 AM
Here in Barooga, there is a votex of some kind that every day between certain times - all radio waves are sucked away....thankfully taking away anything from Britney Spears

wstevenbrown
2005-Feb-05, 05:39 AM
In Virginia, it is well known that pen lids are negatively phototropic. They seek the cool dark in order to incubate as dust bunnies, and complete their lifecycle as the ring-tops from milk bottles. Not related to the summat similar cycle of nail clippers. S

rahuldandekar
2005-Feb-05, 10:21 AM
My problem with pen lids is entirely different. I have a rather annoying habit, of playing with the lid, and break the ... I don't know what you call it... the thing that attaches the pen to yor pocket. I always break that. More than half the pens in the house are broken like this. And then I lose the lids... :wacko:

kashi
2005-Feb-06, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by damienpaul@Feb 5 2005, 04:01 PM
Here in Barooga, there is a votex of some kind that every day between certain times - all radio waves are sucked away....thankfully taking away anything from Britney Spears
I dunno damo...I think Britney Spears has a lot more to offer once the audio part has been removed.

damienpaul
2005-Feb-06, 04:54 AM
some like Britney, I do not - at all...thats why I am glad the vortex removes her presence from my corner of Barooga

kashi
2005-Feb-09, 12:13 PM
Perhaps you could bring this vortex down a little South :P