PDA

View Full Version : Zero Point Energy

Galaxy Guy
2005-Feb-17, 07:14 PM
Is inertial resistance caused by the "collective" gravity of the bodies in the universe or an electrical resistance to the theoretical ZPE field?

Hen3ry
2005-Feb-17, 09:32 PM
I'm not familiar with inertial resistance. How does it manifest itself ?

Sp1ke
2005-Feb-18, 03:31 PM
Maybe nicolii means just "inertia" i.e. when you push a large object, it takes a lot of effort to get it moving. What force are you overcoming in this case?

On earth, you have effects like friction and air resistance but even if you move into the vacuum of space, you still need to push hard to move something large. Is there "something" that is resisting your push? Why does a large object resist a push more than a small one?

Guest_nicolii
2005-Feb-18, 06:37 PM
Yes, thank you for clarifying spike.

piersdad
2005-Feb-18, 08:45 PM
an interesting question

and i dont know
the inertia of a isolated body in my opinion would not be effected by other bodies.

the moon would be effected by the earths gravity (which holds it there)

the inertia of ther moon would be separate from the earths

if the moon was accelerated to go faster around the earth then it would move further away and in some way alter the earths movement..

so perhaps in a way changing the speed of any body will have an effect on the local dynamics of a solar or planet system

the effect on other systems in a galaxy would be nearly undetectable but as gravity has been shown to be instant in its effect then the answer to your question could be yes but very small

Guest_myrkat
2005-Feb-18, 10:40 PM
Completely speaking out my rear orrafice:

You're going to get into Dark Matter / Dark Energy. I would think that gravity plays a role, even if an object was "far enough" away from another body to be effected by it.

It could just simply be a relative issue, if you're smaller (mass) than the body you are pushing, then you are in essence (mostly) pushing yourself away from the larger mass.

Now if you are pushing an M&M or something, you have greater mass and it moves pretty easily.

-myrkat

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a scientist... I don't even play one on T.V."

Francois
2005-Feb-21, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by nicolii@Feb 17 2005, 09:14 PM
Is inertial resistance caused by the "collective" gravity of the bodies in the universe or an electrical resistance to the theoretical ZPE field?
The correct answer to your question at this point in history is: nobody knows.

All that we currently have are theories and speculations. Even if experimental evidence can be found for a given theory, it would not make that theory true. It would only make that theory valid and perhaps (hopefully) useful.

Here's the link to guys that are working on the ZPE Inertia theory:
http://www.calphysics.org/
This is quite interesting, because it basically comes from analysis of things that are already known. There is nothing radically new except that they actually *did* the analysis and that they may actually have found an origin for inertial force. I think it would be kinda cool to see experimental evidence of their theories. Just think of the possibilities when inertia can be controlled - especially when it can be nullified.

piersdad
2005-Feb-21, 07:04 PM
Well I read the link and every 5 th word was 3 letters the rest were at least 10 to 15 letters long
why cant some one talk in simple terms.

IM a simple person and down to earth in my thinking.

it occured to me that inertia has some thing to do with the speed of light.

as you get to the speed of light then your mass increases,

the same with an electron--- being accelerated in a direction -- as it wizzes around its neuclei it will at one moment be travelling forward then back.

there will always be some electrons going one way and some going the other.

imagine a simple string and a stone flying around in a circle.
AT LIGHT SPEED

if you move the centre of the strings rotation(accelerate it) then as the stone moves forward at light speed then it will gain weight and as it receeds it will return to normal weight.

so due to the speed of light being constant the stone and its centre of rotation will resist any attempt to move.
once it is moving in a steady state the equlibrium is returned

this effect is easily demonstrated with the gyroscopic effect