PDA

View Full Version : persistance of other galaxy

ashok_bitsboymech
2005-Mar-18, 06:01 PM
hai
my frinds iam ashok keeping a query.
we know that earth had seen many ice ages and it is going to see next ice age.here my query is it the other galaxy in our universe will also have ice ages like our earth?is there destruction og other galxies is possible?when will be the ice age for the universe ?is it predictable?
ashokkumar
(a boy to be in nasa)

rahuldandekar
2005-Mar-18, 06:12 PM
Hi Ashok,

The ice ages on the earth occur only due to some small variations in the sun's heat outpur, or due to the position of the Earth in the solar syatem. You can see it is only a small variation in time ( some thousand or million years, compared to our universe's timescale, which is of billions of years) and space ( the magnituse of the solar system is very, very minute coimpared to the size of a galaxy).

So, a galaxy has nothing to do with an ice age on a little planet revolving sround a medium sized star. There may be ice ages on other planets revolving around other stars, but it has nothing to do with a galaxy. Ice ages may be a universal phenomenon, occuring on any planet in any star system in any galaxy, but it is a minor phenomenon.

Reffering to the universe's ice age, the universe is slowly cooling down. After many hundreds of billions of years, it may have a much lower temperature. This will be the universal 'ice age' and it may never end.

2005-Mar-18, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by ashok_bitsboymech@Mar 18 2005, 06:01 PM
we know that earth had seen many ice ages and it is going to see next ice age.here my query is it the other galaxy in our universe will also have ice ages like our earth?is there destruction og other galxies is possible?when will be the ice age for the universe ?is it predictable?

Yes, according to the "experts" the entire universe will one day suffer a "heat death"... ie a "cosmic ice age" if you will. However this ice age will last forever & ever. And there will be no "ice" (or any matter for that matter)... just motionless energy (ie potential energy that will never achieve a kinetic state without an "outside" push)... (Hmm doesn't that describe the so-called "Big Bang"?)...

Nereid
2005-Mar-18, 10:46 PM
Yes, according to the "experts" the entire universe will one day suffer a "heat death"
Nitpicking, I know, but I doubt that there are any serious cosmologists who would say "heat death" is the fate of the universe, with any significant certainty.

Why? First, this idea comes from classical physics, and with QM and GR have come more humility (and greater caution). Second, the discovery of 'dark energy' (or, more accurately, that the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate, based on observations of distant Type Ia supernovae) means there is a major constituent of the universe that we don't understand yet. Third, as QM and GR are inconsistent, as any theory of the universe must be consistent with both, and as we have little idea yet of what such a theory might be, the future of the universe can't be predicted.

wstevenbrown
2005-Mar-19, 12:12 PM
Ashok: One idea that gets kicked around from time to time is that some of our ice ages were caused by our sun passing through a particularly dense molecule cloud, in the course of its orbit around the galactic center. If the cloud were, for instance, rich in carbon and its compounds, we would have sooty skies for awhile. I think the idea is needlessly complex-- most of the causes of ice ages lie right here on Earth: variations in CO2, methane, atmospheric dust, and so forth. The molecular cloud idea isn't really testable, since we don't know its orbit (so as to predict, or observe periodicity), or even whether or not there are more than one of them. Best regards-- Steve

ashok_bitsboymech
2005-Mar-19, 05:43 PM
hai
thanx to rahul,nereid,the guest and the steve.as u said the galaxy won't have any ice age.but there is a end to the universe.as u said that the universe will have an end only after a billion of years that is after reaching a very low temperature.
can anyone tell why should the universe and the earth and the sun like stars are having it's end.why should it ends and why should it restart next new phase of life?
plz reply
bye
ashokkumar
(a boy to be in nasa)

ashok_bitsboymech
2005-Mar-22, 04:55 PM
hai reply to my mail

ashok_bitsboymech
2005-Mar-23, 04:54 PM
hai
my frinds
why should the universe and it's heavenly bodies are having it's origin and end .hwy should it would be like this?
bye
ashokkumar
(a boy to be in nasa)

Nereid
2005-Mar-23, 05:57 PM
Why not?

ashok_bitsboymech
2005-Mar-31, 08:46 AM
hai my frinds ashok keeping a query
will the other galaxies may have like our solar system?
is there is a possibility of human beings existing theer?
ashokkumar
(a boy to be in nasa)

ashok_bitsboymech
2005-Mar-31, 08:49 AM
hai my frinds ashok keeping a query
will the other galaxies may have like our solar system?
is there is a possibility of human beings existing theer?
ashokkumar
(a boy to be in nasa)