PDA

View Full Version : Stargate SG-1 Season Nine

imported_Ziggy
2005-Mar-28, 12:38 AM
SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

It's gonna be a long wait to July and Stargate SG-1's ninth season. But it's nice to know that the show's long out-lived it's original plan for just six seasons. The fact that---SPOILER ALERT---O'Neill's character will probably not be a regular in season nine frightens me. And now their gonna replace him with Ben Browder as Colonel what's his name. I mean really, from what I know, Ben Browder's character was a F-302 pilot that was badly injured during the battle over Antartica at the end of season seven. And then they promised him a spot on SG-1 if he recovered. Now does anybody else see there's something wrong with that? I mean for God's sake Walter probably saved the world more times than him! :P I know I'm probably not giving this new guy a chance but if he screws up Stargate SG-1...I'll not really sure what to say next.

Does anyone want to voice their opinion? <_<

antoniseb
2005-Mar-28, 12:44 AM
I&#39;m guessing O&#39;Neil will be busy making "MacGuiver meets Quantum Leap".

imported_Ziggy
2005-Mar-28, 12:51 AM
LOL :D :lol: :P :rolleyes: &#33; Still, I&#39;m worried about Stargate SG-1&#39;s future. Once season eight started I thought it was sure that they would make it to season ten. But now I&#39;m having doubts. One of the things I&#39;d really like to see would be a mini-series based on the Stargate novels.

j0seph
2005-Mar-28, 01:43 AM
I&#39;m just glad Stargate lasted as long as it has. I&#39;m not sure about it making it to season 10, but we&#39;ll just have to see how season 9 turns out ;)

StarLab
2005-Mar-28, 05:35 AM
Why you all discussing SG-1 when Atlantis is in synchronization?

j0seph
2005-Mar-28, 05:52 AM
yah, you have a point, if atlantis is going to maintain a storyline linked with SG1 then SG1 will most likely keep going until Atlantis kicks the bucket

Matthew
2005-Mar-28, 08:46 AM
No probably they won&#39;t. If Stargate actually has a tenth season it will most likely be its last. And thus Atlantis could possibly continue.

Richard Dean Anderson is taking a few years off acting which is why he isn&#39;t going to be in as many episodes in season 9 (it&#39;ll actually be 5 episodes).

Spacemad
2005-Mar-28, 09:25 AM
I&#39;m not sure when we will see the next season of SG1 here. A few weeks ago season 8 (I suppose it was) terminated in O&#39;Neill being frozen & the team talking about the place they were at was not the real Atlantis but that it must exist elsewhere&#33;

gavwvin
2005-Mar-30, 11:20 PM
What series is everyone else on at the moment? On UK TV (channel 4) we just had the series which ends with O&#39;Neill going into that chamber thingy in Antarctica. How much further ahead are you?

kashi
2005-Apr-01, 09:21 AM
With the exception of Moebius part 1, I thought season 8 sucked majorly. I&#39;d like to see the show return to its roots, and focus more on exploration and visiting interesting new worlds rather than just battling the Go&#39;uld. They said that they&#39;d be focussing more on the gatebuilders/ancients so maybe this could happen. I&#39;d like to see more of other alien races like the Nox and Furlings too. If they bring back the exploration side of things, I think the show could easily make it to season 10.&#092;

Can&#39;t wait for season 9, and more importantly the Atlantis conclusion.

galaxygirl
2005-Apr-09, 04:40 AM
I was really surprised with how well Atlantis turned out, and I can&#39;t wait until the second part in July. Season 8 wasn&#39;t the greatest for SG-1 because there were too many changes for the show. Dr. Fraiser and Hammond weren&#39;t there, O&#39;neil was no longer part of SG-1, and like Kashi said everything was focused on battling the Go&#39;uld. I&#39;m still hoping they make it to season 10 (and higher) because SG-1 still is an awesome show.

Ziggy- I havn&#39;t read the Stargate novels before. Are they different from the show?

Spacemad
2005-Apr-10, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by galaxygirl@Apr 9 2005, 04:40 AM
Season 8 wasn&#39;t the greatest for SG-1 because there were too many changes for the show. Dr. Fraiser and Hammond weren&#39;t there, O&#39;neil was no longer part of SG-1, and like Kashi said everything was focused on battling the Go&#39;uld.

Ziggy- I havn&#39;t read the Stargate novels before. Are they different from the show?

We will have to wait till next year, probably, before we see season 9&#33; :(

Without some of the most prominent personages the series certainly won&#39;t be the same&#33;&#33;&#33; :(

I managed to see two or three episodes of Atlantis on the computer & I think that perhaps it is best to start a whole new series with different personages than to struggle on with the old series that is losing some of its most important players - as well as some of the story lines that made it interesting in the first place&#33;

I didn&#39;t know there were books on Stargate. I suppose I should have realised there would be - anything that starts to become popular is commercially exploited in every conceivable way&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

Cambo
2005-Apr-15, 02:31 AM
I&#39;m with you Ziggy.
Walter aka Gary Jones, is one actor I just love seeing. It&#39;s the types of roles I used to get, little support roles that fill out a show. Not that I&#39;m putting myself in the same category as Gary Jones far from it, little ole&#39; Melbourne Australia with Blue Heelers, Neighbours, Stingers etc don&#39;t really compare with the sydication that SG has.
It is just his little "Elmer Fudd" head that gets me&#33;
As for season 9... hey we just finished double eps of season 7 I think... where their is a huge fight at Antartica. And these were moved around from Monday nights 10.30pm to Thursday nights 10.30pm and occassionally on a Sunday night. Really had to read the TV guide to find where and when it was on&#33; TV Programmers have no respect for Sifi&#33;

Matthew
2005-Apr-16, 03:34 AM
To see information on season 9 go to: Gateworld - Stargate SG-1 Season 9. (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/index.shtml)

Its got summaries from the information already available on certain episodes.

With the exception of Moebius part 1, I thought season 8 sucked majorly. I&#39;d like to see the show return to its roots, and focus more on exploration and visiting interesting new worlds rather than just battling the Go&#39;uld. They said that they&#39;d be focussing more on the gatebuilders/ancients so maybe this could happen. I&#39;d like to see more of other alien races like the Nox and Furlings too. If they bring back the exploration side of things, I think the show could easily make it to season 10.&#092;

Can&#39;t wait for season 9, and more importantly the Atlantis conclusion.

Season 9 has more on the ancients (so will we find another ZPM in the process?) as well as the Lucian alliance (which we have not met yet, though there are rumors it could include the Aschen) plus it will start with a look into Arthurian mythology.

What do you mean by Atlantis conclusion Kashi?