PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle Program CANCELLED !

zephyr46
2005-Apr-02, 04:41 AM
Bush Cancels Space Shuttle Program

Washington DC (SPX) Apr 01, 2005
US President George W. Bush declared today that he had signed a rare Presidential Decree canceling any further expenditure of Federal funds on the US Space Shuttle program.
"We cannot find any justification to continue the deficit funding of a program that has no application other that proving that with enough money America can do anything," said Bush.

"The whole world knows that already, so why keep spending money on it," he added.

The announcement was made during an even rarer press conference with the Whitehouse press corps, at which the President started proceedings by handing out Easter Eggs, quipping, "it might be politically incorrect to hand these out, but don't worry we got them on discount at a Wal-Mart sale so they aren't really religious items anymore."

With the press left looking like stunned bunnies, the President took to the podium before dropping today's bombshell that Congressional supporter's of the Space Shuttle have told SpaceDaily, "will cost thousands of jobs, and leave school children confused as to what America can actually do in space anymore."

During the press conference Bush told reporters, "I don't want to see another NASA administrator - appointed on my watch - left to justify a program to Congress based on lies, dis-information, half-truths and sexed up reports."

During a brief two-minute period provided for questions from the press, the first reporter asked if this meant the Space Station was also being shut down. To which the President answered, "we plan to either hold an auction on Ebay or give it away to "our international partners."

From Spacedaily.com (http://www.spacedaily.com/news/rocketscience-05o.html)

piersdad
2005-Apr-02, 06:27 AM
announced on 1 st april

astromark
2005-Apr-02, 09:23 AM
Come on fallas, dont be silly. . . .April the 1st. this is a wind up!

TuTone
2005-Apr-08, 09:19 PM
APRIL FOOLS!!! :P

j0seph
2005-Apr-08, 10:13 PM
wow... I wonder how many people actually got worried over that... hehe

galaxygirl
2005-Apr-12, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by j0seph@Apr 8 2005, 05:13 PM
wow... I wonder how many people actually got worried over that... hehe
I did... I was getting very close to having a heart attack until I saw the thing about the easter eggs. Very funny Zeph. :lol:

SilverWing
2005-Apr-12, 02:19 AM
HEY!!! You scared me Zeph! I thought it was for real, then I got a little suspicious when I saw what day it was posted! :D :D :D

buzzlightbeer
2005-Apr-12, 02:16 PM
its bush that makes it immediatly believable.....

Manchurian Taikonaut
2006-Apr-01, 05:24 PM
almost thought it was real for a sec....the Easter bunny eggs totally gave it away

novaderrik
2006-Apr-01, 07:04 PM
you know, if Bush- or pretty much anybody, for that matter- wants to announce some crazy stuff, today is the day they do it.
everyone laughs and thinks it's a joke, then when they wake up tomorrow, they realize it wasn't a joke, but by then, the deed is done.

Eckelston
2006-Apr-01, 10:08 PM
My thoughts were:

DAMN!
Yay!
Only an April's Fools joke :-(

Still, good one ;-)

Van Rijn
2006-Apr-02, 12:59 AM
I was thinking "April Fools" before I opened the thread. Good for Spacedaily.

Damburger
2006-Apr-02, 10:39 PM
During the press conference Bush told reporters, "I don't want to see another NASA administrator - appointed on my watch - left to justify a program to Congress based on lies, dis-information, half-truths and sexed up reports."

During a brief two-minute period provided for questions from the press, the first reporter asked if this meant the Space Station was also being shut down. To which the President answered, "we plan to either hold an auction on Ebay or give it away to "our international partners."

*little* too bit far fetched :lol:

StarLab
2006-Apr-03, 05:23 AM
Yeah...you know, I though something was wrong whe I saw this:
Washington DC (SPX) Apr 01, 2005

:D :wall: :clap: :o :razz: :neutral: :lol: :)

astromark
2006-Apr-03, 09:01 AM
Hay. . . wake up! This is just a year old. or it might happen.