PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Problem with Opportunity's Front ...

Fraser
2005-Apr-19, 05:16 PM
SUMMARY: NASA's Opportunity rover has lost the ability to steer its right-front wheel, making it more difficult for controllers to maneuver it around on the surface of Mars. The problem happened on April 13 (sol 433) when the rover was executing a turn - its wheel stuck at a slight angle. The rover has continued to travel since the problem happened, and can make observations, but it's more difficult to make precise movements.

View full article (http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/problem_opportunity_wheel.html)

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

StarLab
2005-Apr-19, 07:44 PM
:(

Eric Vaxxine
2005-Apr-20, 10:51 AM
I would love to see a stills movie made from both opportunity and Spirit rovers' images. I have noticed a specific lack of media interest (especially here in the UK) about these adventurers, Discovery Channel run endless repeats of old science programmes....I have not seen a single frame of the Rovers' images on television.

The only reason I learned about Phobos 1 and 2 was because of a chance remark made by a TV news reporter some 10 or more years ago. They casually said ' A probe sent to Mars has disappeared !' I was on the road to learning more from that moment on.