PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Sponsor links

The Starman
2005-May-06, 03:04 AM
Gday UTites,

Does anyone check the content of the websites listed at the top of the UT pages? It is could be a bit of a concern that some "interesting", perhaps imaginative interpretations are being aspoused on these pages. I'm as open minded as the next person, prepared to give just about anyone and anything a listen through once but after reviewing one particular (or is that percular) site, I thought it worth mentioning. Personally, I see a conflict between fact and well,... You can make your own assessment. Here is an example of the content to which I am referring...

"We are all equally worthless in the big picture" {ED: Clearly a happy bunch!}

"Education should be globally ubiquitous and homogenous, not only teaching the sciences, maths, and arts, but also introspective and interpersonal skills"
{Ed: excellent bold noble virtue}

and yet...

"In order to elect leadership, the voting power of any individual should be calibrated against their level of education, granting more electoral power to the educationally inclined" {Ed: does this remind anyone else of something?}

while...

"We are NOT all created equal, as such we have differing strengths and weaknesses among us. This does not justify oppression, but merely challenges us to define a role for ourselves that provides contentment."

Let me get this straight: We should all be taught everything we want to know but only those who actually know something get to make decision but, of course, these same people are not to oppress anyone. At least this bunch had the good sense to finish off with...

"All fantasy and mythology should always be presented as fiction, especially to children, again to avoid the possibility of religion creeping into our society's reality perspective"

This disclaimer probably covers everything else on the site ESPECIALLY their explanation of gravity!!!

jkmccrann
2005-Nov-14, 03:21 PM
I think that that advertising is generated solely by words on the page in question and I don't really think there's anything much to be done about it. If you have a problem with it, I suggest you take it up with Google.?.