PDA

View Full Version : My Signature

StarLab
2005-May-20, 04:10 PM
Well, some UTers have expressed an interest in my signature, and I totally understand why. I mean, who wants to talk about roses, blue gardens, figs, and pomegranates? What does it all mean?

And StarLab, what the H*ll are you talking about?

If you would like me to explain/decipher my signature for you, I will accept a minimum of five people to post an reply expressing interest in this topic. Otherwise this thread may be locked or deleted, and brought up at a later time. All of you have a chance now to find the meanings behind my signature.

This is for you, not for me.

Big Brother Dunk
2005-May-20, 04:35 PM
OK Starlab, I'll bite.

Your sig is interesting, what's it all about Starlab?

damienpaul
2005-May-20, 11:25 PM
why not? tell us star lab, tell us!

StarLab
2005-May-20, 11:27 PM
OK, that's two - I will not bother unless three others put in a word of consent. ;)

Big Brother Dunk
2005-May-21, 12:04 AM
Starlab, I did a Google search on "Humans have had but a taste of the fig, and have yet to smell the pomegranate"

and the first hit was a bit of a surprise. :D

StarLab
2005-May-21, 03:19 AM
Well as I said, I form ideas as we speak. ;)

piersdad
2005-May-21, 08:53 AM
we form ideas as we speak.

it would mean that even if you put forward an idea you are open to an alteration of that idea.
similar to my sig of
you dont know how much you dont know
till you know enought to realise you know nothing

rahuldandekar
2005-May-21, 09:19 AM
Ya Starry, what does your sig mean? Because we can have different interpretations... hehe.

Spacemad
2005-May-21, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by damienpaul@May 20 2005, 11:25 PM
why not? tell us star lab, tell us!

C'mon, StarLab, you'll dying to "spill the beans", why wait any longer!! :P

damienpaul
2005-May-21, 10:15 AM
that's 5! Spill Spill!

tyrie2001
2005-May-21, 11:02 AM
Yeah what does your sig mean, I've been wondering about it ever since I've joined.

suntrack2
2005-May-21, 12:35 PM
Starlab I think there is a special part of study of signatures,
in my opinion if some one signs not parpendicular to the bottom line and his sign goes just like a camel goes on the chest board, that kind of signature is of progressive personality, if someone signing so complicated signature with no meaning understands this type of personally is clever but never been known to us normally, if someone signing very short signature then that kind of personality pertains to the "economy" personality, who do not want to waste time and money,
few people have a habbit to sign with spring type of design then such a personality is flexible in nature but really un-understandable to others, they are reserve nature.

sunil

suntrack2
2005-May-21, 12:37 PM
sorry, please read chess board in the above para.

jimmy
2005-May-21, 12:41 PM
:lol: Hi Sunil! :lol:

suntrack2
2005-May-21, 04:58 PM
hi jimmy, you are driving your green age, really a funtastic signatorism.

StarLab
2005-May-21, 07:53 PM
OK yeah I counted five, so...

- Forming ideas as we speak: this I derived from Anton's "forming opinions as we speak."

- When you find the blue rose, you'll know you're in the Garden...: blue roses, I believe, are seldom found in nature, if at all. Therefore, to be poetic, I assume that if you indeed find one, you would find yourself in the Garden of Eden.

- "Humans have had but a taste of the fig, and have yet to smell the pomegranate": this one has a bit more Jewish folklore than the previous one. Basically, in Jewish tradition the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was a fig tree, and the Tree of Life was a pomegranate tree. Now biblically, Adam and Eve took a bite from the fig, and were banished from the garden. As humans, we still have trouble recognizing good from evil and taking subsequent necessary actions, and thus we are a far way from even getting a hint of the scent of the Tree of Life. One must be overcome before the other can be considered.

- we need not just to know, but to know better: this I came up with on my own as well, and I think this one is much more self-explanatory than the others.

Any more Q's? :D

bossman20081
2005-May-21, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by StarLab@May 21 2005, 04:23 PM

- Forming ideas as we speak: this I derived from Anton's "forming opinions as we speak."

- When you find the blue rose, you'll know you're in the Garden...: blue roses, I believe, are seldom found in nature, if at all. Therefore, to be poetic, I assume that if you indeed find one, you would find yourself in the Garden of Eden.

- "Humans have had but a taste of the fig, and have yet to smell the pomegranate": this one has a bit more Jewish folklore than the previous one. Basically, in Jewish tradition the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was a fig tree, and the Tree of Life was a pomegranate tree. Now biblically, Adam and Eve took a bite from the fig, and were banished from the garden. As humans, we still have trouble recognizing good from evil and taking subsequent necessary actions, and thus we are a far way from even getting a hint of the scent of the Tree of Life. One must be overcome before the other can be considered.

- we need not just to know, but to know better: this I came up with on my own as well, and I think this one is much more self-explanatory than the others.

Somone has too much time on their hands^^^ :D

astromark
2005-May-21, 11:16 PM
It is the human condition; 'To want to know.'
How, If, When, and Why.
It is with regret that I have conclouded that I may have never had a sigle thought of my own. Plagerisms, borowed lines, Strands of thought, tangled and re expressed with a dash of humor. Or is this in itself my only real thought. Hmmm.... I dont seem to have a sig... is it cos I havent pinched one yet.
' I am in the presance of greater minds.'
Who said " To want to know" was it me? Good grief. A thought. lol., Mark.

rahuldandekar
2005-May-22, 05:42 AM
I second that, Bossman : Someone has too much time on their hands. LOL

StarLab
2005-May-22, 06:10 AM
Yeah, well we Jews've got hella long lifespans, so... :D :P

jimmy
2005-May-23, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by StarLab@May 21 2005, 02:53 PM

We were told the forbidden fruit was an apple...all these years...a fig....oh well. B)

kashi
2005-May-23, 04:56 AM
I dig the animation in bossman's sig...I could watch that for hours.

rahuldandekar
2005-May-23, 11:01 AM
And my sig... :( *sob*

tyrie2001
2005-May-23, 11:33 AM
Relax rahuldandekar, we all like your sig too! :) Though the first time I saw it my reaction was kind of :huh: Huh? :blink: Wha? Then I saw the writting at the bottom and just burst out laughing!

Oh and astromark, I've got a document with hundreds of smart/funny quotes which you could use as a sig, if you want I could email you a copy, that goes for anyone else who's interested.

damienpaul
2005-May-23, 11:41 AM
I'm interested!

rahuldandekar
2005-May-23, 03:01 PM
Thanks, Tyrie... although Bossman made my sig too.. he's brilliant.
:)

bossman20081
2005-May-23, 08:51 PM
Well, the yin yang sign was sent to me by a friend, I have no idea where he got it from because he certainly can't make something like that. (I can't either for that matter...) And to tell you the truth, I don't remember where I got the break danser from, but he's cool too :).

If anyone else wants to use them, just give me a PM.

Relax rahuldandekar, we all like your sig too!* Though the first time I saw it my reaction was kind of* Huh?* Wha? Then I saw the writting at the bottom and just burst out laughing! Hey what's that suppose to mean? :lol:

rahuldandekar
2005-May-24, 04:09 AM
He didn't burst out laughing when he saw "by Bossman20081", but when he read "Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are greater." (That's what I hope, Bossman ;) :D ). And the 'huh?' 'wha?' was presumably due to Einstein's pic.

tyrie2001
2005-May-24, 11:39 AM
Correct rahuldandekar.

I was a bit confused about one or two of the formulas though, I've seen most of them but some I don't reconise like the one in the lower right of the sig, I presume it is a real formula but it's one I've never seen before. What is it? It got alot of friends worried when they saw it! One simply said "Oh God, I hope we don't have to use that in Physics!" :lol:

bossman20081
2005-May-24, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by rahuldandekar@May 24 2005, 12:39 AM
He didn't burst out laughing when he saw "by Bossman20081", but when he read "Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are greater." (That's what I hope, Bossman ;) :D ). And the 'huh?' 'wha?' was presumably due to Einstein's pic.
:lol: I would not have been surprised if he did mean me :lol:

Since we're talking about sigs, Rahul, you're sig isn't as clear as I originally made it, I imagine it's because it was downloaded to the internet. Anyway, I've been messing aroung with it a little, and I think I have a sig you would like better. And I'm not making promises, but I may be able to get a hold of a better editing program so it won't look so pixelated.

I was a bit confused about one or two of the formulas though, I've seen most of them but some I don't reconise like the one in the lower right of the sig, I presume it is a real formula but it's one I've never seen before. What is it? It got alot of friends worried when they saw it! One simply said "Oh God, I hope we don't have to use that in Physics!"

I did know what it was, but it's been awhile (I actually wrote that down about three years ago) and I don't remember what it was for. And don't worry, that equation's probably too advanced for me as well. :D

StarLab
2005-May-25, 02:36 AM
Just by looking at it, I can tell that that equation has something to do with cosmology, and the nature or makeup or future of the cosmos.