View Full Version : Discussion: Mmmm, Food From Mars

2005-Jun-13, 04:36 PM
SUMMARY: French chefs are helping the European Space Agency develop recipes that could be used to make food grown in space tasty as well as nutritious. How about a tasty snack of Martian bread and green tomato jam or potato and tomato mille-feuilles? The menus were based on nine main ingredients that could be grown in future space-based greenhouses. The dishes could be made with 40% of these ingredients, and the remaining 60% could come from Earth-based ingredients.

View full article (http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/mmm_food_mars.html)

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.