PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Satellite View of Istanbul

Fraser
2005-Jun-24, 03:41 PM
SUMMARY: This satellite view of Istanbul, taken by the ESA's Envisat satellite, was taken using its Advanced Synthetic Aperture Radar (ASAR). Radar doesn't actually build up images in colour, it just measures different textures. So the colour in this image represents different times that the radar images were acquired. It's possible to see the bridges that span the narrow Bosporus channel, dividing Europe and Asia. You can even see a few ships sailing up the channel as little points of light.

View full article (http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/satellite_view_istanbul.html)

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

piersdad
2005-Jun-24, 08:34 PM
wow
save the pic and use your zoom and it seems you are in a high flying copter on a foggy day.
you can make out streets and warves etc
but the girl sunbathing on top of the house i cant make out ;)

thunderivergc
2005-Jun-24, 11:36 PM
Thankyou for the beautiful picture of Istanbul.

Nick4
2005-Jul-26, 03:08 AM
The Pic for this topic dident show up so i cant see any of it. :(

Nereid
2005-Jul-27, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Nick4@Jul 26 2005, 03:08 AM
What browser are you using, Nick4?

I tried both firefox and IE, and it comes up 'real pretty'! :D

2005-Aug-11, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Nereid+Jul 27 2005, 10:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nereid @ Jul 27 2005, 10:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nick4@Jul 26 2005, 03:08 AM
What browser are you using, Nick4?

I tried both firefox and IE, and it comes up &#39;real pretty&#39;&#33; :D [/b][/quote]
This is Nick4. Im not shur what browser im using but this is the first time no image was shown.