PDA

View Full Version : Time Travel

ZSun
2005-Jun-29, 05:19 PM
Glad to be aboard! I have loved space science and its applications since I was a child. Strangely, my life has taken me into the arts. The subject of space travel has always fascinated me and I suppose quite a few writers. I keep a small, worn copy of H.G. Wells, The Time Machine in my purse just to remind me that it is possible.

Several years ago, a companion had an experience that proved time travel for me. While doing sound for a major network during a presidential campaign, my friend was preparing to go with a camera crew to follow a presidential candidate when a woman walked up to him and asked him for help in finding an address. He spoke with her for a few minutes and then walked her to a pay phone where they looked for the listing she had written down.

She explained that she had awakened one morning to be told by a voice that she should take all of her resources, close all her accounts and board a plane. She acted on faith because of the strength and authority of the voice. She found herself on a conveyance of some sort and soon found herself in unfamiliar terrority, namely, California on planet earth.

She clearly had no idea how things worked on earth. She said she was to deliver a note to the Presidential candidate by way of someone at the address she had written on a piece of paper. Luckily, the address was recognized by the information operator and a contact was made. She left, thankful for his help.

When he returned to his crew to explain the woman's story to them they told him they had seen him talking but since no one was there they assumed he was talking to himself.

There are more details to this story but the thing is I think the true time machine is interdiminsional and therefore like the main character in The Time Machine is happening all of the time. What do you think? Any similar experiences?

antoniseb
2005-Jun-29, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Saturns Best@Jun 29 2005, 05:19 PM
Any similar experiences?
Hi Saturns Best, welcome to the UT forum.

I've never had an experience like that. I've just been leading a dry hum-drum life with no magic.

piersdad
2005-Jun-29, 07:49 PM
The past can influence the future.
The future can not influence the past.

your experience shows that despite this influence it was not able to influence what happened.

some people can predict the future accurately and they are very special.
even Julius Caesar was warned that the 'ides of march was near ? by a soothsayer.

nearly all humans are able to predict what will happen to them in the short term( like jump off a cliff and you will sure get hurt)
how ever some are very astute and able to warn others of their impending doom.
this can some time be through very diverse and unusual ways that we will possibly never undestand

ZSun
2005-Jul-02, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the nice greeting Antoniseb. None of us is leading the drab mundance lives we think we're living. I'll bet more "magic" has happened in your life than you know.

GOURDHEAD
2005-Jul-04, 01:22 PM
There are more details to this story but the thing is I think the true time machine is interdiminsional and therefore like the main character in The Time Machine is happening all of the time. What do you think? One aspect of time travel that is often overlooked is the dynamics of real objects. The geometric locations of each object as a function of time undergo huge displacements due to their motion in the various orbits of the systems of which they are a part.

dougreed
2005-Jul-04, 05:29 PM
the acount that the 'invisible' person to whom he was/was not seen talking to/with, is a time or interdimensional traveler, is no more or less believable than the idea that maybe they were beings described as spirits by millions of other folks. Either belief requires a measure of 'faith', and to say science does not require a measure of 'faith' reveals a closed mind...