PDA

View Full Version : Big Bang for dummies (a cosmological fairy tale)

heusdens
2002-Nov-27, 08:05 PM
At the beginning in all heavens everything was peacefull and quiet. God an all angels were in harmonious eternal self being.
Until the very day, one of the angels, caused a conflict in heaven, causing the brains of God to collapse on each other.
And then there was light!

Well the rest of the story is kind of familair, we can still see the remnants of the light in the sky in the 3 K spectrum!

JS Princeton
2002-Nov-28, 04:26 AM
At the beginning, there was no beginning because the universe and God and the angels and all that were in it were and still are in harmonious eternal self being of infinite extent.

Until the very day, there somehow came into being a place with some people that didn't believe in the truth of the harmonious eternal self being of infinite extent. And they were mortal fools and were ridiculed though they had more evidence that the people that knew the truth were alternatively lying and making up evidence so they could continue to believe the Truth.

Well the rest of the story is kind of familair, we can still see the remnants of the light in the sky in the 3 K spectrum! It's just from a lot of stars and don't ask me about the details because I only know how to talk ABOUT science, I don't actually like getting my hands dirty.

Rich
2002-Nov-28, 04:32 AM
For cripes sake! How many Bing Bang threads do you need? What you get beat-up in one and create two more?

Celestial Mechanic
2002-Nov-28, 06:24 AM
You might want to change the name of this thread, heusdens. IDG Books is very strict about protecting their trademark from dilution, and they do have lawyers/barristers/whatever on retainer around the world who do nothing but write nasty letters to people who infringe on the "for dummies" trademark. For example, a website that had a page entitled "HTML for Dummies" was forced to change the name to "HTML for Morons".

Chuck
2002-Nov-29, 03:29 PM
How about Big Bangs R Us?

ljbrs
2003-Jan-14, 02:22 AM
To think that I missed seeing this gem of a thread! I guess it pays to read through the thread topics...

Great fun!

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

michael cyrek
2003-Jan-14, 04:10 PM
On 2002-11-27 15:05, heusdens wrote:
At the beginning in all heavens everything was peacefull and quiet. God an all angels were in harmonious eternal self being.
Until the very day, one of the angels, caused a conflict in heaven, causing the brains of God to collapse on each other.
And then there was light!

Well the rest of the story is kind of familair, we can still see the remnants of the light in the sky in the 3 K spectrum!

cyreks reply:
To give you some support huesdens, I beleive the pope also endorsed the 'big bang' creation out of nothing concept. He also endorsed the Aristotle/Ptolomy universe.

cable
2003-Jan-14, 05:03 PM

yeaaaaaaah !!!
in other words:
at the start all was in coherence ....
so an angel did some experiment (or measurment) that disturbed the whole thing
causing the collapse of the "brains of God" into one physical/observable brain ....

that's what we call "decoherence" ....
at one condition : all microscopic except angel, who must be macroscopic ....
indeed, in conformity with QM ......... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

cable
2003-Jan-14, 05:05 PM
He also endorsed the Aristotle/Ptolomy universe.

but, why did he made apology for Galileo ??

JS Princeton
2003-Jan-14, 05:44 PM
On 2003-01-14 11:10, michael cyrek wrote:

cyreks reply:
To give you some support huesdens, I beleive the pope also endorsed the 'big bang' creation out of nothing concept. He also endorsed the Aristotle/Ptolomy universe.

Different popes.

Celestial Mechanic
2003-Jan-15, 06:04 AM
On 2003-01-14 11:10, michael cyrek wrote:[Snip!]
To give you some support huesdens, I beleive the pope also endorsed the 'big bang' creation out of nothing concept. He also endorsed the Aristotle/Ptolemy universe.

"The Pope owns 51 percent of General Motors,
The stock exchange is the only thing he's qualified to quote us." -- George Harrison

That's right, he (GH) really did write that, it's on the All Things Must Pass album, I can't remember the title of the song.

SeanF
2003-Jan-15, 03:00 PM
On 2003-01-15 01:04, Celestial Mechanic wrote:

On 2003-01-14 11:10, michael cyrek wrote:[Snip!]
To give you some support huesdens, I beleive the pope also endorsed the 'big bang' creation out of nothing concept. He also endorsed the Aristotle/Ptolemy universe.

"The Pope owns 51 percent of General Motors,
The stock exchange is the only thing he's qualified to quote us." -- George Harrison

That's right, he (GH) really did write that, it's on the All Things Must Pass album, I can't remember the title of the song.

And what qualifies George Harrison to make that statement? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

michael cyrek
2003-Jan-15, 03:04 PM
On 2003-01-14 12:05, cable wrote:

cyreks reply:

He apologized for the treatment given to Galileo by the church. He did not say Galileo was right or admit that the Heliocentric theory was right.

Zathras
2003-Jan-15, 03:33 PM
On 2003-01-15 10:04, michael cyrek wrote:

On 2003-01-14 12:05, cable wrote:

cyreks reply:

He apologized for the treatment given to Galileo by the church. He did not say Galileo was right or admit that the Heliocentric theory was right.

???????????
Where did you get that? Did you just make that up? A majority of the Pope's speech that time was about the wonderful advancements of sciences, an he explicitly included the discovery of heliocentricism. The apology for the treatment of Galileo was just part of this general theme, even if it was the part that got all the headlines.

The current Pope has definitely been on the side of science, including chiding creationists several times by saying that evolution is a fact.