PDA

View Full Version : k... why do i feel like im being ignored?...

Mr. Smartypants gamer guy
2005-Jul-09, 09:49 PM
guys this is odd i anwser to somthing and u guys keep goin on as if im not there what is with that??? and im never told any thing and sigh i feel like im being left out of the loop what is goin on? am i just a crazy syco that shouldent talk just read? i mean its odd i say somthing and somtimes when i expect an answer nothing hapens its odd... anyways just wondering... :( :unsure: :(

GOURDHEAD
2005-Jul-10, 04:16 AM
Carefully consider your perspectives; do not ignore contexts.

astromark
2005-Jul-10, 06:38 AM
Being ignored could be a good thing. Look for the posative things in life, Its more fun, and you will be happyer. If one of those tripods from War of the Worlds comes over the hill, being ignored would be good. When you say some thing silly I will tell you. I can hardly let that go. If you could add some thing cleaver; I will tell all about you. You are not being ignored at all. I have noted your postings., and will look for you again. . . As stated. Some times other people are saying other things and simply read on. Be encoraged, continue to add your questions.

aeolus
2005-Jul-10, 02:43 PM
Don't worry, bud. We know you're here, and just cause sometimes someone doesn't specifically reply to your post doesn't mean it hasn't been read, considered, and noted. Al responsible contributions to the forum are appreciated.

2005-Jul-10, 07:18 PM
u guys sound like one of those wize old dudes giving proverbs that are riddles... but i get it fine evrything is duely noted but it is still odd...

bossman20081
2005-Jul-11, 01:02 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but I can't reply to every single resonse; perhaps that is the problem you are having?

And don't take this the wrong way, but you could try writing in complete sentences. That way people will already have a certain amount of respect for you before they even read your post.

Planetwatcher
2005-Jul-11, 02:18 AM
I know the feeling, and sometimes feel that way too, (but for a very short time).
However I know also a lot of times someone is responding specificly to something stated in a post ahead of mine, and simply has nothing to say regurding my comments.

Also at times postings come so fast that several people are posting at the same time. I noticed this last week during the Deep Impact hit.
Even a couple of short postings I made, five or six others followed mine within minutes. It was quite likely they didn't see mine, because they were working on their own posting, or reply. I've also had it happen that by the time I got a new posting out, that several others got posted which wasn't there when I begain my posting.

Don't worry, there is no conspirisey to ignore anyone.

2005-Jul-11, 08:49 PM
guys ive had almost evryone here tell me to like fix my gramer and stuff well if u
want me to do that i might as well change my name. note the "gamer" in my name
gammers shorten words when possible to reply faster like brb is be right back and
afk is away from keyboard and gg is good game tahts probably y its is so bad i
dont mean to be rude or blunt but thats how we talk. but since evryone seems to
agree ill try talking like "normal, proper, snooty, engilsh-american" people talk...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aeolus
2005-Jul-11, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Smartypants gamer guy@Jul 11 2005, 08:49 PM
gammers shorten words when possible to reply faster like brb is be right back and
agree ill try talking like "normal, proper, snooty, engilsh-american" people talk...

2 things come to mind:

1. This isn't a gaming forum; and,
2. You asked a question and you're getting the answer. Don't call us snooty.

Ola D.
2005-Jul-11, 10:57 PM
Smartypants,

I've skimmed quickly through your posts archive, and I can see you had a reply for each question, good point or even a misconception you've contributed in astronomy related discussions.

It wont hurt if you work harder on your spelling/grammar, that'll make understanding/responding to your point much easier for people around here - isn't that what you want after all?

I repeat what Planetwatcher said, there's no conspiracy to ignore anyone here.

P.S. We're normal humans, nothing odd with us.

bossman20081
2005-Jul-12, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Smartypants gamer guy@Jul 11 2005, 05:19 PM
guys ive had almost evryone here tell me to like fix my gramer and stuff well if u
want me to do that i might as well change my name. note the "gamer" in my name
I visit gaming forums all of the time, and I, along with hundreds of others, manage to use proper English. Also, as Aeolus put it, this is an astronomy, not a gaming one; if you want people to take you seriously, they have to at least understand you.

You wanted to know why you were being ignored and I gave you my opinion why. If you can't accept that, then why are you on a forum?

2005-Jul-12, 03:53 AM
#1 aeolus im not callin u snooty
#2 i know there is no conspiracy to ignore me
#3 ya u dont talk like that on forums im sry its just out of habit and bossman if u realy want me to leave just say so
#4 guys ive just been having a bad few weeks im sry ive been goin to sno-isle and its just been bad the teachers arn't good and there are stupid "I dont care" atitude people taking the class making it hard for me to consentrate and well im sry ive been kinda takin it out on u guys realy im sry...

sigh life for me is... unusual if i told u what it is like to interpret things from my perspective well its just hard... sigh im sorry... i guess ill leave well bye all if any one wants me to stay ill check in about a month or so well its been nice seya

bossman20081
2005-Jul-12, 04:04 AM
By no means did I say I wanted you to leave, I was just expressing my opinion that you would get more responses if you wrote in complete sentences. I, personally, don't have a problem with it, but there may be others who do.

Janice
2005-Jul-13, 12:32 AM
Gamer,
I'm probably repeating what someone else has said (and feel free not to reply to this, I won't feel ignored :P ). But maybe what you say is so insightful no one can question it, or people just don't have anything to say. Every one on this forum at some point has probably felt compelled at some stage to scream "Hello... is any one else on this planet?!"

Don't worry we know you're here! Besides it's not like no one replying to your posts compromises your very existance or anything (and if it does I think enough people have replied to you now to keep you safe!)

Anywayz, I've babbled enough for one post!
Janice :lol:

Jakenorrish
2005-Jul-14, 10:16 AM
I agree with Bossman. You should be trying to write correct sentences and construct paragraphs. It isn't too much to ask and critisising people who are pointing out the fact that this is a serious scientific forum simply isn't on 'gamer'.

If you buy an astronomy magazine, or talk with a scientist, you'll find that they write and speak correctly. There are good reasons for this. If you write in the correct manner, you shouldn't be misconstrued. Your points and arguements will be easier to understand. Also, with the greatest repsect to you and your education, people are far more likely to take you seriously as you won't come across as if you are sending a text message.

There is also the fact that not trying to write properly in my opinion is lazy and a scourge of the modern world, but maybe I'm getting too old, and am too British!

cya l8r m8!

aeolus
2005-Jul-14, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Jakenorrish@Jul 14 2005, 10:16 AM
There is also the fact that not trying to write properly in my opinion is lazy and a scourge of the modern world, but maybe I'm getting too old, and am too British!

Some people look down on new forms of words, etc that have come about in this day of MSN, AIM, ICQ, and text messaging, ie: lol, l8r, sry, and al of that. I don't see a problem with it; it's the evolution of language, and it happens all the time, even Shakespeare invented words.

Proper english and grammar still remains a classier, more elegant way of writing. I've been compelled to quickly type in a question to the UT forums, but then gone back and fixed it up so it has all the proper quotes, capitals, and spelling. The way I see it, and it's totally just a personal perspective: If I'm too lazy and won't spend the time writing a nice post, why should I expect people to spend the time replying to it?

It's a world of give & take, and at least trying to make a post legible will guaruntee people will at least try to read it.

Jakenorrish
2005-Jul-14, 02:36 PM
I have no problem with abbreviations or new words, but maybe I should clarify. By writing properly I mean grammar. There really isn't any excuse for not constructing a proper sentence or paragraph, whatever words you choose when you're at a typewriter and English is your first language.

I'd like to also point out that I do not include people who don't have English as their first language in this. I have read posts by some people that are gramatically incorrect on this forum which are excellent.

bossman20081
2005-Jul-15, 02:08 AM
I don't have a problem with the way he writes, I'm use to it and in fact I write like that with a few friends (no one on this forums of course). I just think everyone will take him more serious if he wrote with complete sentences.