PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico Space Alliance

X-Prize Cup
2005-Jul-21, 11:38 PM
The New Mexico Space Alliance has a new web site inviting membership from around-the-globe. It has a great FLASH intro. I commend its review.

http://www.NewMexicoSpaceAlliance.com

The membership form is in PDF at the bottom of the page after the FLASH intro.

tater1337
2005-Jul-22, 01:30 AM
hmmmmmmmm......

ok, nice glamour, but no real news is there? artists conceptions and stock NASA fottage and model rocket onboard video certainly give apeal, but I do not see this as being different than the X-prize entries.

that's sort of a bad thing.

See, half the X-prize entrants are no longer in existance, and the other half (except for the winner) have abandoned all plans for sub-orbital flights and want to skip driectly to orbital flights.

and most (99%) dont even have prototypes, not even small scale ones.

so while it is great that people are planning on setting up a spaceport, collecting anual member ship fees to support a bunch of groups that have not fired a single rocket (model or otherwise), I don't think this will last.

Me on the other hand? President of the Medford Association of Rocket Science (MARS), National Association or Rocketry(NAR) Certified High Power Rockertry level 1. Designed and test flown multiple launch veghicles (including one carrying a remote controlled rover) and currently planning (in my free time) for manned launch vehicles.

Looks like the NMSA has a few years to go before they get up to speed compared to me.....

ASEI
2005-Jul-22, 11:54 AM
Designed and test flown multiple launch veghicles Did any of them make orbit? What sort of launch vehicles? I'm interested.

tater1337
2005-Jul-22, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by ASEI@Jul 22 2005, 06:54 AM

Designed and test flown multiple launch veghicles Did any of them make orbit? What sort of launch vehicles? I'm interested.
check out our clubs gallery (http://www.mars-rocketry.com)

no orbital yet
no suborbital yet
no manned yet
only a couple small scale prototypes flown. mainly boilerplates.

and yet this put me above the top 20% of the x-prize contestants.

only trick is, I am planning single seater flights.

as space travel goes, rutan built a sub-orbital sprts car, NASA has built a caddilac SUV.

I am trying to get a moped built.