PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: NASA Celebrates Discovery's Return

Fraser
2005-Aug-10, 05:51 PM
SUMMARY: With Discovery's return to flight complete, NASA is counting up the accomplishments for this shuttle mission: 14 days in space, three spacewalks, all four space station gyros returned to service, high resolution images of launch and in-orbit, and the first spacewalk to the underside of the shuttle. Discovery will now be ferried back to NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida atop a modified Boeing 747 aircraft.

View full article (http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/nasa_celebrates_sts_homecoming.html)

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.

Eric Vaxxine
2005-Aug-12, 10:43 AM
I....have heard.....that NASA launched the Shuttle secretly BEFORE the official public launch?

Jakenorrish
2005-Aug-12, 01:18 PM
They'd have to launch it pretty far from anybody as it can be seen launching for many, many miles!

I doubt that one Eric, probably the conspiricy theorists bleating on again!

aeolus
2005-Aug-13, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Jakenorrish@Aug 12 2005, 01:18 PM
I doubt that one Eric, probably the conspiricy theorists bleating on again!
For sure. It would show up on somebody's radar. So would the place they were launching it from.

suntrack2
2005-Aug-28, 04:55 PM
the people of earth were so curious and also were interested from childrens to the elder persons, as soon as the discovery returned, their joy knew no bounds, discovery people won the trip. congrats again.

sunil