PDA

View Full Version : Questionnable Black Holes (part 2)

urfa
2002-Dec-03, 09:11 PM
Last time I gave you the point of view of an astrophysicist about Black Holes. Today I would like to share with you the point of view of a mathematician who says that the concept of Black Hole is mathematically impossible as physicists misused math formula.
please look at this web page from Pr Mizony, mathematician.

http://www.desargues.univ-lyon1.fr/home/mizony/trounoirA.html

I know that on a regular basis we can read that astronomer have find a Black Hole. Unfortunately until now it have been just and only just speculation!

JS Princeton
2002-Dec-03, 09:18 PM
Schwartchild's solution to the Einstein Equations absolutely works, despite what this half-baked pioneer seems to think. Black holes are theoretically tenable if GR describes reality.

Zathras
2002-Dec-03, 09:32 PM
From the cited article:

The elliptic galaxy M87 would contain a black hole with two to three billion solar mass in its center because that would explain the fast rotation (550km/s) observed 30 away years from the center. However there are other possible explanations of this fast rotation without calling upon a black hole. Here is one which is a simple application of... the theorem shown by Einstein in its article of 1939. Let us suppose that the center of M87 is made of a star cluster with a radius of 30 year and 1 billion solar mass, and checking the assumptions of the theorem of Einstein.

WHAT? There is a star cluster with an aggregate mass of a billion suns within the area of 30 light years. Putting aside the stat mech problems, we can't see a billion stars packed together so tightly at a distance thar is not too far away?

As for the stat mech problems, this cluster would be evaporating stars (i.e. throwing stars out) at a very rapid clip, so that over a relatively small amount of time, the number of stars would decrease significantly.

This guy must have been really bored to write this tripe.

ljbrs
2002-Dec-04, 02:57 AM
Some people miss out on the interesting stuff in the universe. Even if we cannot see black holes directly, we can detect their presence by their cataclysmic effects on their surroundings. It must be very boring to sit around denying the existence of all of the most interesting celestial objects.

Perhaps, in some way, we are reminded of those hidden monsters that somebody, probably a parent or older sibling, told us was underneath our bed, frightening us into staying underneath the covers safe and sound. We may have kept these torments long after their obvious usefulness to our parent/parents, with our minds permanently locked against any ideas which might bring back the dreaded monster/monsters. So our minds permanently go back to sleep terrified of bringing them back to life in our minds.

Degenerate matter is a fact. We find it by its effects on its surroundings.

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif