PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Red Hot Chili
2005-Aug-18, 09:29 PM
Hello, im new here on the site's forums but im looking forward to seeing other people's views on the universe. Im only 16, and i probably dont know as much as most of you, but i know that i know a lot about the Universe than most people my age. I absolutely love it, and im the only person my age i know who does. So just bare in mind that i might lack a some of the knowlage a lot of you do, but also bare in mind that i am a fast learner and have very strong opinions, thank you. :)

cran
2005-Aug-20, 04:29 PM
Welcome to UT, Red Hot Chili! :D ... mind if I call you 'Red'?
I&#39;m fairly sure there are other 16 year olds among us (and there are a few who just act that way... <_< ) - and interest in the universe goes without saying... if you didn&#39;t, you wouldn&#39;t be here&#33; B)
don&#39;t worry about not knowing much... you&#39;ll find the more you know, the more is there is yet to find out... ;)
strong opinions are good... plenty of them, here, too :P
... but a thick skin, and always remembering that just because your opinion is being cut into little shreds, chewed up and twisted around until even you forget where it started... it&#39;s not aimed at hurting you personally... ;)
... the reason we get so vicious at scrutiny is because we are all so desperate to find one good new theory, one that will stand up to professional peer review ... who, lets face it, make these guys look like pussycats :P ... one that will really blow the establishment clear out of the water :ph34r: ... and then we can all sit back and say, hey&#33; we were there at UT BEFORE Red got famous... and then argue amonst ourselves as to who gave you that vital clue that made the whole thing fall neatly into place&#33; :D

StarLab
2005-Aug-24, 01:30 AM
Welcome, Red Hot Chili (Peppers :P )&#33; :D

I was sixteen when I joined, as well. ;)

As Cran said, in his every-so-lengthy fashion, enjoy&#33; :)

Any Q&#39;s, contact Fraser or his Community Support Team&#33; B)

j0seph
2005-Aug-24, 03:14 AM
yeah, welcome aboard man&#33;, I was 16 when I joined as well B)

Uranut
2005-Aug-25, 04:39 PM
Welcome to UT, Red,

Don&#39;t worry about being 16 - I was 16 once.

Of course, I wasn&#39;t a member of any internet forums &#39;cause there weren&#39;t any. Johnson was president, Apollo 11 was 4 years away and LARGE computers had 128K memory. But I was already fascinated by astronomy and I haven&#39;t lost the feeling.
:)

cran
2005-Aug-25, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by StarLab@Aug 24 2005, 09:30 AM

As Cran said, in his every-so-lengthy fashion, enjoy&#33; :)

StarLab, are you insinuating, implying, or suggesting to our newly welcomed fellow traveller to wonders astronomic - namely &#39;Red&#39; - that I am, in in some incomprehensible manner, unnecessarily verbose?? :huh:

Janice
2005-Aug-26, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by cran@Aug 25 2005, 05:30 PM
StarLab, are you insinuating, implying, or suggesting to our newly welcomed fellow traveller to wonders astronomic - namely &#39;Red&#39; - that I am, in in some incomprehensible manner, unnecessarily verbose?? :huh:
:lol: giggles :lol:

Hey Red Hot Chili,
Are you 16? I&#39;m 16&#33; (as you&#39;ll probably be able to tell from my confused ramblings you may or may not read in the future :P )

Any way welcome aboard&#33;

See ya around&#33;
Jan :lol:

cran
2005-Aug-26, 05:32 AM
Yeah, I was 16 once... but I got over it, in time... :D

...glad someone got a giggle out of that one, janice... :lol:

Lainie121
2005-Aug-26, 04:23 PM
[COLOR=blue] :D I&#39;m a senior citizen and I love astronomy..A question: Here we are, the 3rd rock from the sun..It makes me wonder how we got here, and why?..The story of Evolution vs Creationism has me confused..Albert Einstein beieved in the creator of the Universe...but Carl Sagan wasn&#39;t so sure..The picture of Earth taken from Mars is awesome. What do you think? ~Lainie~The StarGazer~

http://community.webtv.net/LAINIE121/doc ;)

antoniseb
2005-Aug-26, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Lainie@Aug 26 2005, 04:23 PM
Albert Einstein beieved in the creator of the Universe...but Carl Sagan wasn&#39;t so sure
Hi Lainie,

We love astronomy here, but we don&#39;t discuss whether or not there is/was a creator, and we don&#39;t discuss Evolution or the alternatives. You obviously didn&#39;t know, and so there&#39;s no trouble for your asking.

suntrack2
2005-Aug-30, 05:05 PM
chilly, u r
welcome in UT world.

sunil

jsc248
2005-Aug-31, 10:24 AM
:D Hi there Red,

I guess you could say that I&#39;m one of the old timers as my member number shows.

;) ;) You will not find a friendlier place to learn all you ned to know about astronomy.

:P :P Don&#39;t be afraid to ask questions, there are a lot of great people on this site and I&#39;m sure get all the help you need.

;) ;) Nice to meet you and best wishes

:lol: jsc248 :lol:

royckay
2005-Sep-06, 01:56 AM
Well since the other welcome was locked, here goes...Hello Chilli, and hello to the rest of you. My name is Roy,I am married, 54 , I live in east central Florida, about 6 miles from the Shuttle launch site, (KSC). Always a large interest in space in general and have just purchased a Meade 8" LX200 GPS, (no they are not paying me to say that),now all I need is a clear night so I can have that excuse to stay up all night.LOL. Great job on merging the two boards, and I look forward to many long disscussions with you all.

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-27, 06:29 AM
Welcome Red! And, although I am not 16, some people sometimes seem to think I certainly act like it! heheehehe :) ;) :)