PDA

View Full Version : How about this??!!

MHS
2002-Dec-04, 08:29 PM
The Lunar Embassy (mentioned in BA's book), the company selling pieces of the moon, is sueing a Dutch guy who claimed to sell moonbits for the company. The problem is he never paid for a license and kept the money himself. I laughed when I read that the spokesperson of Lunar Embassy called the Dutch guy a swindler.....

2002-Dec-05, 03:06 PM
What is the old saying about no honor amongst thieves?

irony
2002-Dec-09, 04:06 AM
Do you know what somebody needs to build on the Moon? It's too expensive to mine the place just yet, and we don't really have any reason to try to live there, but I can think of one thing that would be profitable: a driving range! I mean, what wouldn't golfers pay to hit balls in 1/6th of a g?

A friend of mine has predicted that Sony is going to buy the Moon and put a giant Playstation logo on the Sea of Tranquility. That would work, too, I suppose.

kucharek
2002-Dec-09, 12:06 PM
On 2002-12-08 23:06, irony wrote:
[...]but I can think of one thing that would be profitable: a driving range! I mean, what wouldn't golfers pay to hit balls in 1/6th of a g?

Weight constraints of the golf equipment shouldn't be a problem: You just need two clubs: A driver to get off the teeing ground and then always the sand wedge...

Harald

VanBurenVandal
2002-Dec-09, 12:34 PM
And you thought the "Lunar Crater" bunkers at St. Andrew's were tough...