PDA

View Full Version : Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Merger Complete.

projectorion
2005-Sep-04, 10:04 AM
From Bad Astronomy (http://www.badastronomy.com)

The Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board has merged with the board from the Universe Today to form the Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Bulletin Board! We did this because both our boards deal with similar topics, and by merging we can have a bigger, and we think better community where people can talk about everything under over the Sun.

So join this new community and talk about science, space, astronomy, skepticism, and the latest news from the ground up!

Looks like it worked. Phew!

:)

Champion_Munch
2005-Sep-04, 11:11 AM
And in good time too...I didn't think it'd be up by tonight. :)

with regards

projectorion
2005-Sep-04, 01:18 PM
Only seemed to take a few minutes. The threads are a bit jumbled but no serious casualties. I've seen worse mergers.

No code buttons. Bummer.

Glom
2005-Sep-04, 02:03 PM
This new board is much quicker.

gopher65
2005-Sep-04, 02:13 PM
yeah it is superfast compared to the old turtleboards :D

hhEb09'1
2005-Sep-04, 02:15 PM
Great job! The only problem I see is the links to old thread posts (coming from Bad Astronomy). And one small nit: the message I got when I went to BABB was "As of midnight on Sunday, September 4, 2005 the Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board merged with the Universe Today board to form the Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Bulletin Board." Isn't midnight Sunday later today? :)

Gullible Jones
2005-Sep-04, 04:48 PM
Woohoo!

(Doesn't seem much faster to me. Maybe my ISP is acting up again.)

Normandy6644
2005-Sep-04, 05:05 PM
I like it. It looks real nice and I've always like the ability to read the first line or so of posts before I actually open them up. Very cool new board!

jfribrg
2005-Sep-06, 03:35 AM
Looks nice. Still getting used to the new board. Probably wont get used to it for another 15 or 20 minutes.

Marlayna
2005-Sep-09, 07:42 PM
OMG

I've been a member of the Universe Today forum for ages but I'd never posted (though I really like the site) and when just when I'd practically forgotten about it, I received the e-mail... my two favourite sites' forums merged! Cool!

Planetwatcher
2005-Sep-11, 08:34 PM
Glad you like it Marlayna;
Welcome to the combined Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Forums.
Hope you stick around a while.

Titana
2005-Sep-16, 07:54 PM
I have been in the UT forum for several months, i dont make many posts, but i visit UT daily to read all the interesting news and posts. I would like to add that this new merge is very practical and by far, more interesting.....

Good work...........Titana

Nowhere Man
2005-Sep-18, 03:09 AM
Well, it's been two weeks. Phil, I think you can now make the Bulletion Board link on www.badastronomy.com (http://www.badastronomy.com) come directly to the BAUT board, instead of going through the announcement page with the 20-second delay.

Fred

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-22, 07:14 AM
Great job! The only problem I see is the links to old thread posts (coming from Bad Astronomy). And one small nit: the message I got when I went to BABB was "As of midnight on Sunday, September 4, 2005 the Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board merged with the Universe Today board to form the Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Bulletin Board." Isn't midnight Sunday later today? :)

As I understand it, midnight is 12am, so midnight would therefore always be at the commencement of a day would it not?