PDA

View Full Version : James Oberg vs. Bart Sibrel on German tv

kucharek
2002-Dec-09, 08:33 AM
Yesterday evening, I did some pre-sleep zapping on the tv when I suddenly saw Buzz zapping Bart. I don't know how much I missed, but it turned out to be a report by German Focus TV (don't know if the produced it themselves or bought it from some US sources, but it looked like an own production).
They had some snippets of Bart Sibrel doing some of his foolish claims and then showed some more lengthy stuff of James Oberg debunking the claims of Sibrel like the waving flag by using a tripod and some finite-element /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif flag model.
Must have been a new interview as it already says that Oberg was hired by NASA to write a book on the hoax which was later cancelled.
Nice job done, Jim. The report ended with a statement like that the moon hoax is not the craziest conspiracy theory available and that there are claims that the whole moon is not existing, but is just a projection. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Unfortunately, the tv's website doesn't mention the report, maybe it went into the magazine on short notice.

Harald

JimO
2002-Dec-09, 03:48 PM
thanks for the news! yes, we did that interview here and in Space Center houston on Dec 1 & 2.

the finite-element simulator of the flag was an unused sheet of small bathroom tiles -- they are glued to a flexible plastic net for ease in installation.

ToSeek
2002-Dec-09, 06:17 PM
On 2002-12-09 10:48, JimO wrote:
the finite-element simulator of the flag was an unused sheet of small bathroom tiles -- they are glued to a flexible plastic net for ease in installation.

Boy, you NASA folks have access to some cutting-edge technology!

JayUtah
2002-Dec-09, 06:59 PM
We're investigating whether that netting can be used to speed up installing ceramic heat shield tiles on the shuttle. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

2002-Dec-13, 02:56 AM
I'm telling you the moon is fake!

AstroMike
2002-Dec-13, 03:02 AM
On 2002-12-12 21:56, Gambit wrote:
I'm telling you the moon is fake!

Oh yeah. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

http://www.reptiles.org/~madrev/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm