PDA

View Full Version : Bad Astronomy raved about in *Mercury* magazine

ljbrs
2002-Dec-12, 02:32 AM
Folks and Extraterrestrials, et al.:

Sten Odenwald has written a rave review of BAD ASTRONOMY in MERCURY (published by the Astronomical Society of the Pacific) in the November/December 2002 issue. I have been late in opening it (too many magazines/too many books). It is a wonderful review, my favorite so far. But, Sten Odenwald has been a favorite of mine.

It opens with: *Bad Astronomy: Misconceptions and Misuses Revealed, from Astrology to the Moon Landing "Hoax"*.

Bad Astronomer Philip Plait: The raving does not seem to be slowing down. Your book has a lot of new and original insights. You are quite an educator. Wonderful book!

ljbrs /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The Bad Astronomer
2002-Dec-12, 04:21 AM
Thanks for mentioning this, LJBRS. I wouldn't call the review a rave, but it's nice. Sten and I have worked together off and on over the years... well, not together, but on the same projects or down the hall from each other. His website is still substantially more popular than mine! I may actually bump into him tomorrow, so I'l thank him again. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif