PDA

View Full Version : Other Stories?

buzzlightbeer
2005-Sep-06, 07:54 PM
im a little lost. just came back to the forums now i cant find uni today "other stories" thread. :(
help!

buzzlightbeer
2005-Sep-06, 07:54 PM
and now my username is "****" and not buzzlightbeer :( :(

Robert Andersson
2005-Sep-24, 07:50 PM
There is a redirection system (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=30304) in place, that will hopefully redirect old URIs on Universe Today to the corresponding one here. So, if you have an old link to it, try to follow it. Or try googling after words phrases you know were in it. If you find the old UT URI, and it doesn't work, report it in the thread above.

jkmccrann
2005-Nov-14, 01:29 PM
I've noticed looking at the Universe Today Story Comments forum that July 8th 2003 must have been a very interesting day in the world of Astronomy. Hundreds of postings that day!

ToSeek
2005-Nov-14, 05:32 PM
I've noticed looking at the Universe Today Story Comments forum that July 8th 2003 must have been a very interesting day in the world of Astronomy. Hundreds of postings that day!

There's some sort of script that generates those threads - odds are it was run or re-run to generate them for the first time (effectively) that day.

Fraser
2005-Nov-14, 07:41 PM
Hi Buzz. We've shuffled the Other Stories throughout the forum. Mostly they're in the Astronomy section, but also Spaceflight.

Yes, July 8th was when I started up the Universe Today forum for the first time, so my script connected that day and made forum posts for every story in my archive.