PDA

View Full Version : Audio Transcripts Available

Fraser
2005-Sep-07, 01:28 AM
SUMMARY: I'm not sure if you've been listening to the audio podcasts, but I wanted to make them a little more accessible. I'm now publishing a transcript alongside every broadcast, so if you don't have speakers or a sound card, etc, you can still read the text of the broadcast. I'm also in the process of going through my older podcasts and producing the transcripts as well. A cool side benefit of this, is it should be a handy tool for people learning English, since you can listen to the audio and read the text at the same time. (I wish I could find something similar for learning Spanish.)

If you haven't already, I encourage you to subscribe to the podcast. Just add universetoday.com/audio.xml to your podcasting software. For instructions in general, check out the CBC's great page that explains the technology.

Finally, if you're enjoying the podcast, or want to support Universe Today in general, please visit Podcast Alley and vote for Universe Today. :-)

Thanks!

Fraser Cain
Publisher, Universe Today

P.S. One other thing, I'm trying to provide as many pictures as possible in 1024x768 size, which make nice wallpapers. You know, where it says "click to enlarge". So if you see a picture you like, it's probably available in wallpaper size with a click.

View full article (http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/article_2402.html)
What do you think about this story? post your comments below.