PDA

View Full Version : Superdome

Superluminal
2005-Sep-08, 11:29 PM
$600,000,000 to rebuild the SD or $100,000,000 to repair the damage. So should it be rebuilt, repaired or tell the Aints to stay in San Antonio?

antoniseb
2005-Sep-08, 11:46 PM
If United States Representative J. Dennis Hastert's suggestion is followed, and the whole city is bull-dozed, there's no point in rebuilding this one building.

CalabashCorolla
2005-Sep-09, 12:07 AM
Despite the damage to the roof (which the Delta Center went through in the '99 Salt Lake City tornado and survived), the water damage in the basement, and the incredible mess inside, the building appears to be structurally sound. It's probably one of the best-enigineered buildings in the city, in any case very likely more salvageable than the thousands of houses and smaller structures which will have to be bulldozed.

The biggest obstacle, as with the convention center, is going to be the stigma of knowing what went on there in August-September 2005. Perhaps a memorial to the storm victims should be part of the re-building plans of both of these structures.

Tinaa
2005-Sep-09, 01:30 AM
We'd love to keep the Saints in SA. We've been wanting an NFL tean for-ev-er!

Love the Cowboys, but I'd like to see the Saints stay.

Lianachan
2005-Sep-09, 07:25 AM
Perhaps repair it, and refurbish it as a memorial to all those who died/museum? It may be too big for that, so maybe pull it down and erect a dedicated building on the site.

Gruesome
2005-Sep-09, 11:07 AM
New Orleans is sinking and will continue to do so. It is, literally, a money pit.

<i>We'd love to keep the Saints in SA. We've been wanting an NFL tean for-ev-er!</i>

I'm from the Detroit area and we've been waiting for an NFL team forever, too. All we have is the Lions.

Sammy
2005-Sep-09, 02:29 PM
Local sports pundits are saying that the Saint's ownership has been wanting to get out for a long time. If they do go, the odds are against spending much to restore the Superdome.

suttsteve
2005-Sep-09, 04:36 PM
I say tear it down. It would cost too much to rebuild or repair.

MrClean
2005-Sep-09, 05:43 PM
Well if you'd just build em a stadium I'm sure the Kansas City Sleeps would come to your town. Everyyear this lackluster blunderbust is screaming and crying for a new stadium to lose in. Build a baseball stadium too and take our Royals too, they demand new digs all the time, not that the K isn't a nice looking place, it's just old and they want a new one.

If the town isn't there, there's no need of a Stadium. Judging from football fans though, a couple rapes and murders wouldn't bother them much, just pass more beer and try to keep the noise down.

You needed one more option on your poll. You didn't opt for ABONDON IT. Why spend money on something that'll fall over eventually anyways.