PDA

View Full Version : Private message Receipts

crosscountry
2005-Sep-11, 07:58 PM
Those are annoying. It is possible to have a check box option rather than a mandatory popup?

That would make sense and be easier to use.

Thanks

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Sep-11, 09:10 PM
You can turn the pop-up off in the User CP.

Sleepy
2005-Sep-11, 09:11 PM
Isn't this the third choice in UserCP|Edit Options Private Messages ?

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Sep-11, 09:16 PM
That's the one.

The Bad Astronomer
2005-Sep-11, 09:33 PM
I don't think that's the issue though. What I think crosscountry is asking about is the "read receipt" option. I find it annoying that the default option is to ask for a receipt. Worse, when sending a PM, a popup asks "Request receipt?" and the options are "yes" and "cancel" instead of "no". Bad programming; "cancel" implies canceling sending the message at all.

I have seen nothing in the CP that turns that off so the default is to not ask for a receipt. Making it a radio button would involve hacking the code.

Fraser
2005-Sep-11, 09:50 PM
I'd like to turn those read receipts off entirely. In fact, I'll see if I can do that right now.

Fraser
2005-Sep-11, 09:52 PM
Hmm, we actually had Emailing members turned off. That's not good, I much prefer to receive emails than PMs.

Sleepy
2005-Sep-11, 09:59 PM
Hmm, we actually had Emailing members turned off. That's not good, I much prefer to receive emails than PMs.They were active at one stage cos I received email notification of some PMs

crosscountry
2005-Sep-11, 11:41 PM
I don't think that's the issue though. What I think crosscountry is asking about is the "read receipt" option. I find it annoying that the default option is to ask for a receipt. Worse, when sending a PM, a popup asks "Request receipt?" and the options are "yes" and "cancel" instead of "no". Bad programming; "cancel" implies canceling sending the message at all.

I have seen nothing in the CP that turns that off so the default is to not ask for a receipt. Making it a radio button would involve hacking the code.

You sir hit the nail on the head. :clap:

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-21, 03:05 PM
Good point crossie.

mickal555
2005-Oct-23, 12:49 PM
Good point crossie.

???

I don't think he was tring to make a point.. :S

crosscountry
2005-Oct-23, 03:50 PM
I made a point.

Those are annoying. It is possible to have a check box option rather than a mandatory popup?

That would make sense and be easier to use.

Thanks