PDA

View Full Version : Evolution

Valiant Dancer
2002-Jan-01, 02:15 AM
After the first ten minuets, I was begging for a bullet in the brain.

But enough about the acting. On to the really bad astronomy.

Besides the multiple references to the space rock as a meteor AFTER it plants a too small for the object crater, the hot meteorite (appears flaming and leaves flaming shards of itself) strikes a late model American car throwing it "300 feet in the air". Complete with the pyrotechnics we've all come to love from Hollywood. And, yes, the car is still drivable.

Dear God, my eyes have been soiled.

Zandermann
2002-Jan-01, 02:19 AM
I kept thinking: "Duchovny left The X-Files for *this*???"

Aodoi
2002-Jan-02, 05:21 PM
I was left wondering if I'd just watched a 1.5 hour infomercial.

Still trying to figure out if it was intended to be funny or if they just needed the money.

As to astronomy... well, I didn't even notice since the rest of the science was so goofy (how'd you like the "solution" they figure out and the "scientific" reasoning behind it...). I was laughing at all the wrong parts of the movie...

Valiant Dancer
2002-Jan-02, 06:00 PM
On 2002-01-02 12:21, Aodoi wrote:
I was left wondering if I'd just watched a 1.5 hour infomercial.

Still trying to figure out if it was intended to be funny or if they just needed the money.

As to astronomy... well, I didn't even notice since the rest of the science was so goofy (how'd you like the "solution" they figure out and the "scientific" reasoning behind it...). I was laughing at all the wrong parts of the movie...

Best part of the whole movie was the character played by Ernie Hudson. He was actually funny.

Any movie where the good guys win by giving the bad guys a Head and Shoulder's enema sucks rocks.

Bill
2002-Jan-02, 07:30 PM
Uh, Valiant Dancer . . . I think you're talking about Orlando Jones (the 7-Up guy). Ernie Hudson was in Ivan Reitman's (same director) "Ghostbusters".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bill on 2002-01-02 14:30 ]</font>

Valiant Dancer
2002-Jan-02, 08:17 PM
On 2002-01-02 14:30, Bill wrote:
Uh, Valiant Dancer . . . I think you're talking about Orlando Jones (the 7-Up guy). Ernie Hudson was in Ivan Reitman's (same director) "Ghostbusters".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bill on 2002-01-02 14:30 ]</font>

Ya know, next time I'm gonna have to look at the cast list before I post. You are, of course, correct. It is Orlando Jones. My wife and I incorrectly identified him as Ernie Hudson.

Oooooooo. It makes me so mad when I make avoidable mistakes like that. The movie still is a waste of VHS tape.

Donnie B.
2002-Jan-02, 08:22 PM
Hey Dancer, I have one word for you: imdb.com

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif