PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions?

Fraser
2005-Sep-13, 11:08 AM
SUMMARY: It's been a little over a year since my last redesign to Universe Today, and I'm starting get the upgrade itch. Before I start my renovations, I thought I'd open things up to get some reader feedback. First, let me remind you of what I've added over the last year: a Weekly Edition (text and HTML), printer friendly pages, email to a friend, discussion forum, bigger photos, full articles, book reviews, archive of newsletters, mobile edition, RSS syndication, and answers from experts. And overall, I've tried to make the site feel a lot more complete and up-to-date.

What else would you find useful and helpful? Here are some ideas I've been kicking around: more interviews with space industry folks, telescope and equipment reviews, more writers, more photos, better photo captions, resource material about space and astronomy, space calendar, better editing (I'm the typo king) and maybe a new logo. Is there anything that bugs you about Universe Today that you'd like to see improved? I'm all ears.

Either email me directly, or make a post in the forum. I'd really appreciate hearing your ideas or concerns.

Thanks!

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

P.S. An archive of my interview on the Space Show is now available online, so you can listen at your leisure. Visit the site and then scroll down a bit to see a link to the show. In case all 24,000 of you maniacs try and download it at the same time, I've got a mirror here on my server.

View full article (http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/article_1463.html)
What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

Jakenorrish
2005-Sep-13, 12:29 PM
Hi Fraser,

firstly thanks for keeping Universe today so informative. I look forward to opening my newsletter every day. I personally think that the layout of the news page could be revamped to look a little more like a newspaper. I'm sure that scrolling down the stories means that I sometimes skip over one that doesn't immediately catch my eye.

I think the content is always excellent and good luck with the revamp!