PDA

View Full Version : What I am hopng for

jdmack
2005-Sep-13, 02:36 PM
What I am hoping for is that Phil will write a book on critical thinking specifically for children. I think that a lot of the ideas in "Bad Astronomy" or a book like "The Demon Haunted World" ought to be introduced at an early age.

J. D.

jkmccrann
2005-Nov-03, 03:45 PM
What I am hoping for is that Phil will write a book on critical thinking specifically for children. I think that a lot of the ideas in "Bad Astronomy" or a book like "The Demon Haunted World" ought to be introduced at an early age.

J. D.

The Demon Haunted World? Is that a work of fiction or fact?

gwiz
2005-Nov-03, 04:19 PM
It's by Carl Sagan attacking various forms of pseudo-science.

publiusr
2005-Nov-03, 08:30 PM
PROMETHEUS should have some titles.

SolusLupus
2005-Nov-03, 09:54 PM

I agree. Based on some of the Bad Astronomer's work, I think he can actually do that.

The Bad Astronomer
2005-Nov-04, 03:47 AM
Well, thanks! I have several book ideas right now, but I'm not sure which one to pursue. I have a few other irons in the fire that would be greatly complicated by writing a book, so I'm waiting to see what's what before I commit to such a big project. As soon as I know -- and I can talk about it -- I'll post abotu it on the board and in my blog. :-)

Draconis
2005-Nov-04, 04:17 AM
It'd be a great idea. If children don't have a wistful and wonderful view of the universe around them, they end up as CPA's...or...

[shudder]

Lawyers.

SolusLupus
2005-Nov-04, 01:57 PM
Lawyers.

Heeeeeey. The girl I happen to like is wanting to become a lawyer. Those are fightin' words, buddy. <.< >.>

Draconis
2005-Nov-06, 01:30 AM
Ahhh, with apologies to your inamorata, Lawyers suck the life out of a room. They're energy vampires.

She's probably different than the run of the mill Juris Doctor (there. Nice and diplomatic).

:whistle:

SolusLupus
2005-Nov-06, 02:06 AM
She's... well, there's several words I could use to describe her. Interesting. Intelligent. Strange. Kinky.

Forget the last one >.> Forget it, I say! O.O