PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Human Launch Pool

Fraser
2005-Sep-14, 08:51 PM
SUMMARY: Alright speculators, let's put our brains together and predict when the Chinese will put a human into space. I've added a new thread into the Universe Today forum. Go ahead and add the date and time you think the first yuhangyuan (Chinese astronaut) will launch into space. You have to pick a one-hour block and I'm assuming that everything is in Greenwich Mean Time (hint: the launch facility is at GMT+8, so if it's noon in London, it's 8:00pm in China). I'll maintain the list up at the top of the thread as new people post their replies.

Since it's my website, I get to go first. :-) So, I'm guessing October 22 between 11:00-12:00 GMT. I'd love to hear your justification for your guess as well. Night launch? Day launch? If enough of you join in, maybe I'll hand out a prize for the closest guess.

Click here to access the forum.

This might be a great opportunity to come join the forum and participate in the hundreds of conversations going on right now. We'd love to have you join us.

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

P.S. Errata: I should have said "one-half billionth of a degree", not "half billion" in yesterday's issue. There's a big difference.

View full article (http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/article_636.html)
What do you think about this story? post your comments below.