PDA

View Full Version : Uranus the biggest planet?

Matthew
2005-Sep-15, 06:53 AM
According to the Australian kids show [Hot] Source (Channel 9, 4pm weekdays) Uranus is the biggest planet. Today's edition was all about space, and an "alien" and "astronaut" were talking about the 'nine planets, when they called Uranus the biggest planet. They also said that the surface of Venus was made of sulphuric acid, but this was luckily picked up by the junior amatuer astronomer they had on.

Oh and they tried to push everyone into believing in "Martians". I must have been really bored to have watched this.

Maksutov
2005-Sep-15, 07:26 AM
What kind of "sauce" were they serving on that show? http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/4879/iconbiggrin1kg.gif

Then again, perhaps the alien and the astronaut each had low opinions of each other.

publiusr
2005-Sep-16, 05:58 PM
They must have NASCAR over there too.

Swift
2005-Sep-16, 06:58 PM
......biggest......... ..............Uranus.............
Must resist joke. :silenced:

AGN Fuel
2005-Sep-20, 05:48 AM
They also said that the surface of Venus was made of sulphuric acid, but this was luckily picked up by the junior amatuer astronomer they had on.

That wouldn't have been our own Mickal555 by any chance, would it? I know that he was interviewed recently for a kid's TV show about astronomy.

Matthew
2005-Sep-20, 08:05 AM
I don't know, was a 'scope donated to him on a convention?

hippietrekx
2005-Sep-20, 11:48 PM
Well, this is a picture of mickal (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/babbalbum/detail?.dir=7fff&.dnm=f8a6.jpg&.src=ph). Would that be the junior astronomer you saw? I do believe I recall "4 pm, Channel 9" as well as, "they said Uranus was the biggest planet!" in a few of his posts.

--hipster

mickal555
2005-Sep-23, 07:16 AM
IT was me!!!!!!!

:) :) :)

They screwed that segment up BIG time...

mickal555
2005-Sep-24, 12:01 PM
so... how'd I do?

Matthew
2005-Sep-25, 04:30 AM
They screwed that segment up BIG time...

I was cringing through it.

so... how'd I do?

You took the limelight from the other "amatuer astronomer" (or whatever they called you). You seemed a bit nervous about it, but then I supppose ts your first time on TV. I've never actually been on TV so I don't know what I'd feel.

BTW how did you get onto the show?

mickal555
2005-Sep-25, 06:13 AM
I was sitting groaning to myself throughout, it was horrible- I felt bad being on such a show- I wanted to correct the mistakes but I didn't want to sound like a know it all... I also thought someone would correct that segment... They were all arguing about their "fact sheet" and I woundered why they just didn't bother to ask us...

someone from my astronomy club refered me...

Yeah- I suppose I did talk abit to much... I remember...

the other person- (sky I think) said a ccpl of odd things- she said that she saw a star explode?

Candy
2005-Sep-25, 08:33 AM
I'm sorry, who's Uranus is the biggest? Details, please!

mickal555
2005-Sep-25, 08:35 AM
I like big bums and I cannot lie I also can not....

mickal555
2005-Sep-25, 08:42 AM
According to the Australian kids show [Hot] Source (Channel 9, 4pm weekdays) Uranus is the biggest planet. Today's edition was all about space, and an "alien" and "astronaut" were talking about the 'nine planets, when they called Uranus the biggest planet. They also said that the surface of Venus was made of sulphuric acid, but this was luckily picked up by the junior amatuer astronomer they had on.
Excuse me- I am a senior member!

I noticed all the mistakes but I just wasn't sure wether they really said that uranus was the biggist...

I told them that there were some mistakes- and they asked how many, I said "hmm, about 20, 25 maybe"

I thought that they'd go through and check em after I mentioned them off screen- obvuessly they didn't care much...

Matthew
2005-Sep-30, 07:33 AM
the other person- (sky I think) said a ccpl of odd things- she said that she saw a star explode?

She did say that. Though really what are the chances of seeing a supernova? I'd put my money on it being astronomical. :lol:

Excuse me- I am a senior member!

I think they were talking about your age. They definitively wouldn't have dared to use it as a description of you astronomical abilities. :rolleyes:

mickal555
2005-Dec-02, 07:36 PM
She did say that. Though really what are the chances of seeing a supernova? I'd put my money on it being astronomical. :lol:

I think they were talking about your age. They definitively wouldn't have dared to use it as a description of you astronomical abilities. :rolleyes:

yeah I know... I was just making comment on the BAUT ranking system(which I hate cause I feel old)

Just saw a dvd of myself

ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACK ACK ACK *vomits violently*

I acted like a total retard :( :(
:(:(:(
I'm not normally that weird(I get filmed for drama etc...)

Must have been the nevioseness of being on TV.... I dunno...