PDA

View Full Version : Had Trouble!

ChromeStar
2005-Sep-16, 05:06 PM
I don't know how to send PMs, can anyone help?

And My profile is displaying that my birthday is the 30 November and it's not! I did'nt even enter my birthday on my profile! What can I do?

Also I noticed that StarLab is down as a junior member while i'm down as a Senior, As far as i'm aware i have far less posts... ???

Ken Vogt
2005-Sep-16, 09:29 PM
Hi ChromeStar

Near the top of most every page is a blue menu bar. "User CP" is the Control Panel. Private Message choices are in the left column of the CP. :)

Dunno about the birthday, and supposedly a Senior is anyone over 100 posts, so certainly anyone with more posts than you should be one too? :question:

Wolverine
2005-Sep-17, 08:03 AM
I don't know how to send PMs, can anyone help?

First, make sure you've enabled private messaging in your User CP.

I see you have it disabled at this time. Click on User CP, then Edit Options, then check the appropriate boxes under the Messaging & Notification section.

If you wish to send PMs to other users, you may do so by these means:

Click on a user's name from one of their posts, select View Public Profile; provided they have their PMs enabled, you should be able to PM them by clicking the appropriate link on the right-hand side.
From your User CP, with private messaging enabled, click on the Send New Message option on the left-hand side under Private Messaging... enter the recipient's username.

And My profile is displaying that my birthday is the 30 November and it's not! I did'nt even enter my birthday on my profile! What can I do?

You may do one of two things...

If you wish to enter your date of birth, do so from your User CP by clicking on Edit Profile and filling out the boxes under Birth Date.
If you do not wish to make your birthday known, simply select the empty fields from the pull-down menus under Month and Day, leave your birth year blank, and (in either case) click Save Changes down at the bottom.

Also I noticed that StarLab is down as a junior member while i'm down as a Senior, As far as i'm aware i have far less posts... ???

A couple of possibilities might be attriubutable here due to the merge. I wouldn't worry about it personally, but if it's a matter of serious concern, please send Fraser an email for assistance.

Hope this helps, if you have any other problems, please let us know.

ChromeStar
2005-Sep-18, 07:01 AM
:D Thanks guys, it's all working now! :razz:

searlesgold
2005-Oct-08, 10:06 AM
As new commer, I truly enjoy reading all posted comments. However, when we are
new at anything, it takes some time to learn the language being used.

I have a lot of interest, questions, ideas, so on and so on! I am about ready to
get into this forum of babble and bla-bla-bla! Talk to ya all very soon!

A new friend (I hope) "SearlesGold"