PDA

View Full Version : Enforced time lapse between searches

2005-Sep-17, 06:41 PM
Is there any chance of removing or lowering the enforced time lapse between searches of the forum? It's frustrating trying to avoid being ToSeeked when my searches must be at least 30 seconds apart. When one search isn't productive, and I think of another attack, I'm often stuck there waiting a short while before being allowed to try again.

Or raise it. Heck, if it were 5 minutes, at least I could go off and do something else -- make coffee, take a bathroom break, bring about world peace. When I must only wait a few more seconds for the next query, I wait idly, just spending that time wishing it wasn't so.

Fraser
2005-Sep-17, 09:06 PM
Okay, I've set it to 0. Enjoy.

jkmccrann
2005-Dec-06, 08:46 AM
What's the highest value this can be set at on these type of boards? It seems something of an odd thing to be able to set a value on nonetheless.

ToSeek
2005-Dec-06, 03:57 PM
Searches take up a lot of the server's CPU time, so it's not something you want to do a lot of.

Jorge
2005-Dec-06, 10:11 PM
I think about 10 seconds is seems good to me,
to high for bumbing the forum to death with a search attact, still acceptable if you want to do some searching

jkmccrann
2005-Dec-10, 10:58 AM
Searches take up a lot of the server's CPU time, so it's not something you want to do a lot of.

That is something I didn't realise, I always thought it would be a relatively easy thing, but given the number of posts floating about, I can see how multiple searches going on at the same time could really slow things down from time-to-time.

Cheers.