PDA

View Full Version : Another Chance to See an Aurora

Fraser
2005-Sep-21, 12:18 PM
SUMMARY: Well, for those of you who missed an aurora, it looks like you're going to get another chance. This second X-class flare is going to give us another show tonight and tomorrow. So, once again, head outside after dark and see if you can see an aurora in the night sky. Dozens of you have sent in your reports for last night, so keep them coming! I'll publish everyone's stories and pictures on Friday. People have been asking me when and where to look, but the only answer I can give you is: in the sky, at night. So be patient, stay outside as long as you can and bring some company.

In other news, Mars Society's Robert Zubrin testified in front of Congress yesterday to give the government some ideas of how to get NASA back on track. And you'll never guess what he suggested… humans to Mars. :-) Okay, okay, I'm sure you saw that coming. Anyway, you can read a transcript of his testimony here (it's a PDF document).

The rumour mill is churning that President Bush is going to announce that NASA will be sending humans back to the Moon on December 17 (the 100th anniversary of the Wright Brother's first flight). Here's a report from SpaceDaily.

I'm not holding my breath.

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

View full article (http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/article_763.html)
What do you think about this story? post your comments below.