PDA

View Full Version : I'm being censored by an AAGWer

Glom
2005-Sep-22, 02:26 PM
Look at this (http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/2340147/) discussion.

For info, I'm suggesting deletion of all posts that deny anthropogenic climate change is happening That is in accordance with the rules of this board since such posts are factually wrong.

So outside of temples of enlightenment such as BAUT, this is how the debate works?

Fram
2005-Sep-22, 02:42 PM
Yes, but it comes from both sides. From the same tread:

More junk science and alarmism courtsey of eco-nazi scientists feeding at the trough of government funding.

Stupidity seems to come from both extremes of the debate, and I'm glad we can keep most of it (or at least the uncivil and undemocratic stupidity) out of here.

Glom
2005-Sep-22, 02:57 PM
Notice I took him to task for that one.

Fram
2005-Sep-22, 03:04 PM
Yep, appreciated, and I didn't consider you one of the extremes of the debate, but one of the level-headed (right or wrong is another discussion). It's just that by posting this here, it only points the finger to the AAGW camp, while both sides have their bad debaters. And as I'm more inclined to the AGW (not the AAGW) side for the moment, I'm perhaps more sensitive about that.

Glom
2005-Sep-22, 03:09 PM
I'll confess that this post was more ego-oriented. When I'm confronted with such hostility, I feel the urge to move to a more respectful atmosphere. I could go on all day about the transgressions on both sides regarding threads like these, such as I will note that someone wanted to delete the OP, which would qualify as the other side doing the same thing.

publiusr
2005-Sep-22, 04:28 PM
With car dealerships being burned Kristalnacht style--I'd say 'eco-nazi' isn't too far off the mark.

Fram
2005-Sep-22, 06:47 PM
With car dealerships being burned Kristalnacht style--I'd say 'eco-nazi' isn't too far off the mark.

I'm not saying there aren't any eco-nazi's or similar things. Please reread the quote I gave (or better still, the whole thread Glom linked to). This remark was about those scientists that say that AGW is true.
By the way, I'm not saying it didn't happen, but care to give a link to a newsstory about such burnings? I only know about animal rights terrorists burning McDonalds and so on...

Van Rijn
2005-Sep-22, 11:11 PM
By the way, I'm not saying it didn't happen, but care to give a link to a newsstory about such burnings? I only know about animal rights terrorists burning McDonalds and so on...

Here's an example (http://www.adl.org/learn/news/California_Arson.asp)

The attacks occurred at three car dealerships in Arcadia, Duarte and West Covina, and against four privately owned vehicles in Monrovia. The firebombing in West Covina destroyed and damaged approximately 40 Hummers and SUVs, and the slogans "Fat Lazy Americans" and "ELF" were painted on other vehicles.

The ELF has also burned down buildings (condos, apartments and such in what they consider "overbuilt" areas). One estimate pegged their damage total at over 100 million.

Google on "California ecoterrorist" or "ELF ecoterrorist" - they aren't confined to California, of course.

dgruss23
2005-Sep-23, 12:16 AM
Hey Glom, why don't you invite them to make their overwhelming case here. Then they can't get away with the censorship.

Fram
2005-Sep-23, 07:56 AM
Here's an example (http://www.adl.org/learn/news/California_Arson.asp)

The ELF has also burned down buildings (condos, apartments and such in what they consider "overbuilt" areas). One estimate pegged their damage total at over 100 million.

Google on "California ecoterrorist" or "ELF ecoterrorist" - they aren't confined to California, of course.

Thanks. Oh boy, these people are seriously disturbed.

Glom
2005-Sep-23, 11:47 AM
Hey Glom, why don't you invite them to make their overwhelming case here. Then they can't get away with the censorship.

I've posted links to this forum, although Joni doesn't pay attention to what I say anymore.

Thanks. Oh boy, these people are seriously disturbed.

They were top of the US terrorist list until 9/11. Of course, we recognise these are just the extreme fringe.

Glom
2005-Sep-23, 11:53 AM
Have you seen his latest post. He has yet again referred to the G8 statement. It's like I never made that post, which he obviously wishes was the case. Then there was some more insults about fossil fuel funded hacks. His only sources are from the BBC and the Independent (nice pedigree). And this guy really expects us to be swayed.

Glom
2005-Sep-23, 03:38 PM
[Expletive deleted by moderator] it! He just gets worse. Still not refutation, but the insistence that somehow we should take the [Expletive deleted by moderator] party line. What is this? I don't recall the Communist party getting into power!

Glom
2005-Sep-23, 04:03 PM
He's trying the same trick he tried last time. Repeatedly, and with ever stronger language, imply that I am going against the mainstream by listening to people who are just crackpots because allegedly there are a tiny minority. And I almost fell for it (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=18799). He's called my mental health into question now. While my mental health is a serious issue, it is not related to this.

How do you argue with someone who won't listen to the issues but insists that being sceptical of the mainstream is insane?

publiusr
2005-Sep-23, 07:38 PM
They were top of the US terrorist list until 9/11. Of course, we recognise these are just the extreme fringe.

Let's not forget the Unabomber--one of his plans was to hi-jack a plane and perhaps use it as a weapon IIRC. He would rank as a serial killer/maimer, and he is regarded as a hero. If he were an abortion clinic bomber, he of course would be labeled as a nut. He and the ELF luddites are covered under the euphemism "monkey wrenchers" Indeed, there was to be a Hollywood movie called "The Monkey Wrench Gang."

Glom
2005-Sep-24, 02:50 PM
Well it's over again. They deleted some good posts, which annoyed me. You can imagine I'm not too pleased that Joni got the last word with yet more, "You should blindly trust the establishment." He ended as he began; trying to undermine me rather than undermining my arguments.

How long until he starts the next thread about the aviation-induced holocaust?

dgruss23
2005-Sep-24, 04:17 PM
Well it's over again. They deleted some good posts, which annoyed me. You can imagine I'm not too pleased that Joni got the last word with yet more, "You should blindly trust the establishment." He ended as he began; trying to undermine me rather than undermining my arguments.

How long until he starts the next thread about the aviation-induced holocaust?

I wouldn't waste anymore of your time dealing with such intellectually dishonest people. If they refuse to respond to your points there is little reason to continue. They won't come over here because they can't control the debate and post content.