PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek XI

Doodler
2005-Sep-23, 01:17 PM
http://www.countingdown.com/movies/2756417

Boldly going where no series should ever go again...

And its a prequel, too.

BioBrat
2005-Sep-23, 11:52 PM
that link didn't take me anywhere.
What crew is it that they are using? Please don't say "Enterprise", they don't deserve a movie.
I love ST, but I really think that they need to stop making it. They are killing it. We should be allowed to enjoy what we already have.

Moose
2005-Sep-24, 01:19 AM
Nah, new crew. Happens after Enterprise but before Kirk's time. Shortly after the birth of the federation.

Kylindra
2005-Sep-24, 09:17 PM
Supposedly, it's covering the Romulan War. Which is when Enterprise SHOULD have been.

Tobin Dax
2005-Sep-24, 09:28 PM
You know, I've started to ignore rumors about the next Trek movie. If they really want to give the franchise a rest, they should do it completely. Putting out more of what most fans would consider drivel, no matter which screen it's on, only maintains the current status quo.

BioBrat
2005-Sep-25, 09:56 AM
What's the bet if they do do the Romulan War they will have to show what the Romulans look like, completely going against what happened in the TOS ep 'The balance of terror'.

Charly
2005-Sep-25, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I thought they fought at distance using nukes without ever seeing each other?

Worst Trek idea since the "Acadamy 90210" idea.

They have to go back to the TNG/DS9/VOY era and continue in that time line, as all the others are just really boring and constricted.

novaderrik
2005-Sep-25, 09:41 PM
how about the century between the human discovery of warp speed, and the time period of Enterprise? the rebuilding of human civilization from post-nuke-yew-lar holocaust to a space fairing civilization. i'm sure they could find some interesting stuff to make a movie and- dare i say it- another series.

Glom
2005-Sep-25, 10:12 PM
It...

just...

won't...

die!!!!!

antoniseb
2005-Sep-25, 10:32 PM
If they're going to make a new Star Trek motion picture, I think it would be interesting to go back and show the early days of the Borg, when they first lost control of their equipment. They must have started as a flesh and blood race. Lets see that. Keep humans and the Federation out of this.

Josh
2005-Sep-25, 11:29 PM
how about the century between the human discovery of warp speed, and the time period of Enterprise? the rebuilding of human civilization from post-nuke-yew-lar holocaust to a space fairing civilization. i'm sure they could find some interesting stuff to make a movie and- dare i say it- another series.
and

If they're going to make a new Star Trek motion picture, I think it would be interesting to go back and show the early days of the Borg, when they first lost control of their equipment. They must have started as a flesh and blood race. Lets see that. Keep humans and the Federation out of this.

These are both good ideas that could actually work without a series preceding a movie where we have time to identify with the characters. Yes ...

novaderrik
2005-Sep-26, 02:44 AM
but you know they would throw a time travel vortex plot device (with reset button) thingamajig into thing to show that the Borg are actually a breakaway sect of highly evolved humans from the year 25,478 that go back in time to destroy the species that created them so that they won't be created in the first place

hey, i should have been a Star trek writer...

CJSF
2005-Sep-26, 01:48 PM
What's the bet if they do do the Romulan War they will have to show what the Romulans look like, completely going against what happened in the TOS ep 'The balance of terror'.

I though Romulans were supposed to be Vulcans who left Vulcan because they didn't want to purge their emotions and such.

CJSF

Doodler
2005-Sep-26, 03:21 PM
Correct, but the only bodies ever recovered by the Federation were horribly damaged by weapon fire and radiation. Even the Treaty of Oberon (I think that was it) was negotiated by subspace radio.

In some of the novels exploring Vulcan's background later, its also discussed that some Vulcans may have deliberately sabotaged recovered Romulan bodies to hide the connection.

Moose
2005-Sep-26, 05:44 PM
Treaty of Oberon

Algeron (http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Treaty_of_Algeron). :)

Swift
2005-Sep-26, 07:00 PM
There are probably well in excess of 43,732 science fiction novels, novellas, short stories, screenplays, etc. (and that's just in English) that would make for an interesting movie if you had a good script, good acting, and good direction. Why don't we try out some of these for a while and let Star Trek RIP.

Doodler
2005-Sep-26, 07:13 PM
Algeron (http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Treaty_of_Algeron). :)

The Romulan War was about 150 or so years before that. 23rd Century Trek was set in the early to mid 2200's. That thar be a 24th century date.

BioBrat
2005-Sep-27, 10:29 AM
I would actually love to see them do the Romulan war. I think that a series where they never saw the enemy would be really interesting. It would be very hard to write... but think of the cool space battles they could have. I'm not a huge fan of TOS but 'the balance of terror' episode is really good and it's because of all the unknown factors that the crew is dealing with.

vonmazur
2005-Oct-03, 10:15 PM
"Flowers for Algernon", and Merle Oberon??? In any case the Romulans were called the "Rihannsu" in one of the novels, and they are distantly related to the Vulcans, they left Vulcan after the great migration from the center of the Galaxy.....I presume the Trekkies here can expand on this, ie: did the Romulans leave before or after the revolution on Vulcan......This a great question of the day, like "Who put the Tribbles in the Quadrotritokale????"

GDwarf
2005-Oct-03, 11:12 PM
"Flowers for Algernon", and Merle Oberon??? In any case the Romulans were called the "Rihannsu" in one of the novels, and they are distantly related to the Vulcans, they left Vulcan after the great migration from the center of the Galaxy.....I presume the Trekkies here can expand on this, ie: did the Romulans leave before or after the revolution on Vulcan......This a great question of the day, like "Who put the Tribbles in the Quadrotritokale????"
If the revolution was the change to being logical, then they left during that, they refused to curb their emotions, and started off as the majority, but over time more and more moved over to logic, until at the end they left and formed a new society.

As for the Quadrotritikale (I think that's how you spell it), they tribbles put themselves in there, don't you remember kirk mentioning the vents that they could get in through;)?

gopher65
2005-Oct-04, 08:22 PM
Unlike in the Star Wars universe, ST novels are NOT considered canon. They are basically fanfics. They are not part of the 'official' universe.