PDA

View Full Version : Firefly

Gemini
2005-Sep-28, 12:16 AM
I sat down and watched the show for the first time,Liking it so far. I'm never home on Friday nights since I have to perform at halftime with the band during football season.

Egarim
2005-Sep-28, 07:02 AM
Firefly's great. I remember trying to check it out when it first aired but always missing it and then it got canceled. Since it's been airing on the SciFi channel I have'nt missed an episode. SciFi's really made me a shut-in on fridays with that, SG-1, SGA and Battlestar Galactica. Can't wait to check out Serenity but not sure if I want to wait till I've seen all the episodes or not.

gethen
2005-Sep-28, 02:00 PM
Firefly's great. I remember trying to check it out when it first aired but always missing it and then it got canceled. Since it's been airing on the SciFi channel I have'nt missed an episode. SciFi's really made me a shut-in on fridays with that, SG-1, SGA and Battlestar Galactica. Can't wait to check out Serenity but not sure if I want to wait till I've seen all the episodes or not.
You might want to watch those episodes first, since they do relate a sequence of events when viewed in order, and establish the personalities and relationships of the main characters. Of course, the movie may provide some of that for folks who haven't seen the series.

Captain Kidd
2005-Sep-28, 03:51 PM
Joss said that the movie would be made for those unfamiliar with the firefly universe. I'm wondering how much is going to be rehashing the series.

ToSeek
2005-Sep-28, 03:56 PM
Judging by the previews, the girl they rescued seems to have a much bigger role in the movie - she's a wallflower in most of the episodes.

Captain Kidd
2005-Sep-28, 04:54 PM
Yeah, but the last few episodes in the series looked like they were about to get serious about her storyline. Drove me nuts to be left hanging like that.

Alasdhair
2005-Sep-28, 08:20 PM
Joss said that the movie would be made for those unfamiliar with the firefly universe. I'm wondering how much is going to be rehashing the series.

There's an introduction bringing newcomers up to speed by showing things that were only talked about in the series.

Objects in Space was a pretty frustrating way to end the series: just when things were starting to get deep...

Gemini
2005-Sep-28, 08:50 PM
can't wait

Donnie B.
2005-Sep-29, 01:00 AM
I have my tickets for the 1:10PM showing on Friday!

gethen
2005-Sep-29, 01:53 PM
I have to be out of town for the weekend, so I'll be here bright and early Monday morning to read the reviews of anyone fortunate enough to see it early.

Dark Helmet
2005-Sep-30, 01:28 AM
I have my tickets for the 1:10PM showing on Friday!Ha. When i am starting on the movie itself, you will be watching "The Twenty"

12:50 PM showing. :P

Charly
2005-Sep-30, 02:01 AM
I wanted to hate this

I hate Buffy and Angel
I hate Westerns
I hate Joss Wheadon and his stupid smelly Alien 4 script.

And I wanted to hate firefly.

The western motif drove me nuts.....but.....

For some reason, the story and characters and humour worked.

Shows what he can do if he doesnt have loads of sarcastic teenagers starring.

Donnie B.
2005-Sep-30, 11:07 AM
Great post, Charly! It gives me hope that Serenity may find a wider audience than just us fanatical Firefly devotees.

I'll be starting a Serenity thread tonight, I expect, if nobody beats me to it. Probably with a spoilers warning.

I'm just like a little kid at Christmas right now. I actually had a poor night's sleep last night, waking up numerous times from honest-to-gosh Firefly-theme dreams. Sheesh... :doh: