PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Aldrin on Da Ali G Show

CalabashCorolla
2005-Sep-30, 02:56 AM
I just rented the first season of HBO's Da Ali G Show. Wow. For anyone who hasn't seen it, but enjoys The Daily Show or The Onion, go out and pick this up ASAP. For info on the show, I think HBO has a better description than I could write here: http://www.hbo.com/alig/about/

Anyway, in one episode he "interviews" none other than Buzz Aldrin. I gotta give props to Mr. Aldrin (sorry, I don't know his rank) for being such a good sport in light of questions like "Was you eva jealous o' Louis Armstrong?" and "Will man eva walk on da Sun?" (keep in mind, he didn't know the interview was fake)There are also some great jabs at the moon landing conspiracy.

Has anyone else seen this?

Obviousman
2005-Sep-30, 10:33 AM
Hmmm. I must get this.

After all, Ali G da man!

Moose
2005-Sep-30, 11:54 AM
(sorry, I don't know his rank)

Dr. for his PhD would probably be the correct title with which to address him, unless folks retain their military title in the States after retirement? (According to wikipedia, he retired a colonel.)

Kemal
2005-Sep-30, 12:30 PM
Calling him by his military title is acceptable.

Now where's that clip of him punching Bart Sibrel in the face...

pumpkinpie
2005-Sep-30, 12:35 PM
Booyakasha!~ Respec.

CalabashCorolla
2005-Oct-01, 04:07 AM
For most pre-shuttle astronauts (at least the ones with military backgrounds) I have usually heard them referred to by rank. So it would be Colonel Aldrin, then.

"Hear me now, big ups to me main mon, Buzz Lightyear..."

crosscountry
2005-Oct-01, 05:31 AM
I'd like to meet that guy. :D

CalabashCorolla
2005-Oct-01, 05:43 AM
I'd like to meet that guy. :D
Az long az you iz not frontin' for da East Staines Massive, den, respek. :)

Maksutov
2005-Oct-01, 06:53 AM
Calling him by his military title is acceptable.

Now where's that clip of him punching Bart Sibrel in the face...Here you go. (http://www.csicop.org/articles/20021018-aldrin/)

Philip A
2005-Oct-01, 11:12 AM
He did some fantastic interviews in the UK - his Northern Irish interviews were priceless, but I think the best he did was David Beckham and Posh Spice. I cried with laughter.

CalabashCorolla
2005-Oct-02, 06:07 AM
He did some fantastic interviews in the UK - his Northern Irish interviews were priceless, but I think the best he did was David Beckham and Posh Spice. I cried with laughter.
Are any of the UK episodes available on DVD? (preferably region 1, but I guess one can't be picky) I would love to see Ali G take on Posh and Becks. Plus, some of his US guests were just too poor sports for it to be funny, C. Everett Koop especially.

"Yo, da only way ta get dem Indus to stop fightin' wit' dem Islams..."
"Actually, it's the Catholics fighting with the Protestants."
"Wha'eva."

mickal555
2005-Oct-02, 09:38 AM
I saw that show- it was pretty funny :)

there was somthing about technology in one and ali gi was going on about dropping it in a hole... lol poor technology guy...

Philip A
2005-Oct-02, 11:41 AM
Hi Calabash, unsure about the Posh & Becks one - was a special charitython one. Think it was Comic Relief, but not 100%. I guess you should be able to get it by fileshare..

For the rest, Amazon UK have Da Compleet 1 & 2 Seasons on DVD with NTSC formatting.