PDA

View Full Version : Private message receipts

Disinfo Agent
2005-Oct-10, 06:16 PM
I know the forum has recently been upgraded, but this happened before the upgrade.

I sent another poster two private messages, and asked for a receipt. He read the PMs, but I did not get a confirmation. I know he opened at least the first message, because he replied to me.

What's more, I can't access my "receipts" page! I get the following notice:

Disinfo Agent, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Fraser
2005-Oct-10, 07:35 PM
Sorry, I should have announced it. I turned off the message receipts as an experiment. I found them very frustrating to deal with.

Fram
2005-Oct-10, 08:28 PM
Ah, I posted the same problem in the Bug Bin. No problem then, I don't like them either, they just were turned "on" sometimes because that was the default...

Wolverine
2005-Oct-10, 11:59 PM
I turned off the message receipts as an experiment. I found them very frustrating to deal with.

*Nods in agreement*

Lance
2005-Oct-11, 12:46 AM
Sorry, I should have announced it. I turned off the message receipts as an experiment. I found them very frustrating to deal with.

Is there any way to clear out old ones?

I have the link:

You have 2 confirmed and 3 unconfirmed private message receipts. (http://www.bautforum.com/private.php?do=trackpm)

But I get an error trying to follow the link so I can clear them.

Normandy6644
2005-Oct-14, 12:15 PM
Also, are there no more email alerts about them? I had a PM but was never notified of it like I used to be.

ToSeek
2005-Oct-14, 02:23 PM
Also, are there no more email alerts about them? I had a PM but was never notified of it like I used to be.

I get them just fine. You should probably go to your user control panel (button toward the top left) and check your options (scroll down) for email notification of PMs.