PDA

View Full Version : Active X?

Argos
2005-Oct-11, 03:18 PM
My browser (IE set to high security) warns me of incoming Active X content when I try to submit a post using the quick reply button. It does not happen when I use "go advanced". Is it new feature to the upgraded version of vB or should I look for problem with my machine? Has anyone noticed it?

Argos
2005-Oct-11, 03:19 PM
The Active X warning shows up when I click the edit button too.

Fraser
2005-Oct-11, 03:33 PM
I know that the latest version of the forum is using AJAX, which is different from Active X. I would just add the forum to your trusted zone and call it a day. :-)

Argos
2005-Oct-11, 04:44 PM
Thanks for your time, Fraser. IŽll check it out. :)

Trebuchet
2005-Nov-02, 05:15 AM
This probably explains why my work computer hangs when I try to post using quick reply. IE seems to be unable to distinguish between ActiveX and other plugins, even including Acrobat Reader. It's been a real pain at work since they "upgraded" me.

Edited to correct a typo and add that adding the forum to "trusted sites" is not an option as it's reserved for administrators at work. There's getting to be more and more web content I can't use. I wish site designers would keep it vanilla.

Argos
2005-Nov-02, 04:31 PM
This probably explains why my work computer hangs when I try to post using quick reply. IE seems to be unable to distinguish between ActiveX and other plugins, even including Acrobat Reader.

Yep, most definitely. IŽm also warned of ActiveX at Google maps, though IŽm pretty sure Google maps does not use ActiveX.

AJAX seems to need ActiveX to access Microsoft’s XMLDOM on Internet Explorer.

Gullible Jones
2005-Nov-03, 12:20 AM
Switch to Firefox or Opera, that will solve everything. ;)

Argos
2005-Nov-03, 12:33 PM
I´m considering that. One of my new year resolutions. :)

Trebuchet
2005-Nov-04, 08:32 PM
This problem is also preventing me from editing my posts. Fortunately we also have Mozilla (not Firefox) at work now so I can use that. I don't use it normally because about half the official company pages don't work with it!

Gullible Jones
2005-Nov-06, 10:00 PM
Then try to get the neckties to reconsider their lack of support for it, because in a few years it's going to be half the traffic on the 'net!