PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Physics Website

Andromeda321
2005-Oct-17, 03:54 AM
Hey all,
I've successfully destroyed any chance of a physics major doing work on campus tonight by sending this link around, and thought a few of you guys would love it too. :D
http://www.myphysicslab.com/
(My personal favorite thing is the fact that you can change gravity in the simulations!!!)

Ken G
2005-Oct-17, 04:52 AM
I like the three colliding rods, they'd make a great screen saver. Equipartition at work!

TheBlackCat
2005-Oct-17, 05:56 AM
I think I have just discovered a new way to waste loads of time.

Andromeda321
2005-Oct-17, 01:43 PM
Ken G: change the damping to -1 for the colliding rods. Guess what'll happen! :D

peter eldergill
2005-Oct-17, 06:56 PM
Have you guys ever tried "Interactive Physics"?

I use it to teach my grade 11 math class about ossciallations of a mass on a spring (simple harmonic motion, though I don't call it that) and use it whenever I can. It's a simulation program that gives perfect results (well, duh, it's a simulation!) You can also do solar system mechanics on it and change constants, etc...

Pete

akirabakabaka
2005-Oct-17, 10:35 PM
I don't remember if it was called "Interactive Physics" but we used a great simulation program at my highschool that sounds exactly the same. I actually contacted the company who makes it and asked for a personal copy of the software for educational purposes, and they sent me one right away, free of charge. I don't have access to it right now, but if I find the disc I'll let you know what the company was, if anyone's interested.

ToSeek
2005-Oct-17, 10:42 PM
Ken G: change the damping to -1 for the colliding rods. Guess what'll happen! :D

Changing the elasticity to 1.1 will have similar effects. ;)

damienpaul
2005-Oct-18, 11:01 AM
Hey all,
I've successfully destroyed any chance of a physics major doing work on campus tonight by sending this link around, and thought a few of you guys would love it too. :D
http://www.myphysicslab.com/
(My personal favorite thing is the fact that you can change gravity in the simulations!!!)

Hey thanks for that link - the Physics class that I teach had a lot of fun with this.