PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Hawking on talkshow tonite ...

kucharek
2005-Oct-17, 06:17 PM
...in Germany. It is said, it is only the second time he appears in a talkshow. It will be at 23:00 CEST (21:00 UTC) on ARD.

Certassar
2005-Oct-17, 07:17 PM
I wonder how his voice synthesizer will cope with the German language? ;-) I gotta see this!

Gemini
2005-Oct-17, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Fry from Futurama,
" Stehen Hawking,aren't you the guy who invented gravity?"

tracer
2005-Oct-18, 11:39 PM
I wonder how his voice synthesizer will cope with the German language? ;-) I gotta see this!
Especially since, in German, the word for "Black Hole" is probably something like "Ein Wahrfergnügeneinbahnstraßgeschwindichkeitsbegrenzu ng".

kucharek
2005-Oct-19, 05:23 AM
Especially since, in German, the word for "Black Hole" is probably something like "Ein Wahrfergnügeneinbahnstraßgeschwindichkeitsbegrenzu ng".

No. It's simply "Schwarzes Loch", which is a literal translation of "Black Hole".
And he was "speaking" English and it was translated. As Hawkings "speaking" speed is pretty low, he answered questions which were given him before with statements he had prepared. When asked, what he would do, if he wouldn't be disabled for one day, he said, that he can't tell it because it would be some x-rated stuff.

Candy
2005-Oct-19, 06:39 AM
I'm glad you got to hear him speak, kucharek.

kucharek
2005-Oct-23, 03:02 PM
This page (http://www.buchmesse.de/en/presse_pr/pressefotos/frankfurter_buchmesse/content/12353/content.html) has some photos of Hawking's visit of the Franfurt Book Fair. I went there a few days later.

Candy
2005-Oct-23, 09:18 PM
I thought Hawkings was very ill, well, he was last year. kucharek, there are no photos of Hawkings in your link. Perhaps, I didn't surf deep enough.

I have a bad feeling this year (or early next year) for Hawkings. I may just have to buy a ticket for Seattle to see one of history's greatest figures. :shifty:

kucharek
2005-Oct-24, 12:54 AM
Hi Candy. I fixed the link. Those of Hawkings are at the end of the page.

Candy
2005-Oct-24, 01:05 AM
Hi Candy. I fixed the link. Those of Hawkings are at the end of the page.
Thank you, kucharek.