PDA

View Full Version : Mobile/Cell Phone Type

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-26, 03:42 PM
I would be interested to know what manufacturer of mobile phones people use, if only because IMHO its probably the most dynamic consumer-related industry out there at the moment.

pumpkinpie
2005-Oct-26, 05:16 PM
I'm a Motorola user, but only because it was a free giveaway with my company a year ago.

A different subject: I wish people in the US would get around to calling them mobile phones. They're not cellular!! :lol:

Theunknownbook
2005-Oct-26, 05:17 PM
I'm a Motorola user, but only because it was a free giveaway with my company a year ago.

same here

Swift
2005-Oct-26, 05:30 PM
Me three (the phone is what came with the service). I don't really want or need anything fancy - why on Earth would someone want a camera in their phone?

pumpkinpie
2005-Oct-26, 05:34 PM
Me three (the phone is what came with the service). I don't really want or need anything fancy - why on Earth would someone want a camera in their phone?

It's actually a pretty fun feature. And it's come in handy for me a number of times, seeing as how I don't yet have a digital camera, and so I have no way to electronically transmit pics. But with the cameraphone I can show my best friend across the country what my new boyfriend looks like! :D That's very important.

But I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I had to choose and pay for my phone. That's just what was free.

Swift
2005-Oct-26, 05:45 PM
It's actually a pretty fun feature. And it's come in handy for me a number of times, seeing as how I don't yet have a digital camera, and so I have no way to electronically transmit pics. But with the cameraphone I can show my best friend across the country what my new boyfriend looks like! :D That's very important.

But I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I had to choose and pay for my phone. That's just what was free.
Well, if it is so important, when do we get to see him? :D

darkhunter
2005-Oct-26, 05:46 PM
Soon to get a new one (mines seen better days)--I just want one the I can just call on--don't need a fancycolor screen, changable faceplate camera, or any of those other fancy doo-dads (except for maybe a built in phonebook)....

Argos
2005-Oct-26, 05:54 PM
I use the simplest and cheapest motorola model (C210). More than enough.

pumpkinpie
2005-Oct-26, 06:06 PM
Well, if it is so important, when do we get to see him? :D

Oh, that's old news. He's not new anymore. ;) Just an example of when it came in handy!!

enginelessjohn
2005-Oct-27, 11:49 AM
I would be interested to know what manufacturer of mobile phones people use, if only because IMHO its probably the most dynamic consumer-related industry out there at the moment.

Dynamic? Hahahaha hahahah,heeheehe heheeh heee,Hahahahahahahah,heeheehe hehee hheee, Hahahahahahahah,heeheehehe heehheee,Hahahaha hahahah,heehee heheheehheee, Hahahahahahahah,hee heehehe heehheee,Haha hahahahahah,heehee hehe heehheee, Hahahahaha hahah,heeheehehe heehheee,Hahahahahahahah,heehee hehe heehheee...

Ooooh thats better. Sorry. Used to work for Ericsson doing mobile phones...

Nokia is popular because they have a huge marketing budget, and spend it very wisely on aspirational lifestyle ads. "Features" get added to phones to allow the networks to charge for extras. E.g. picture messages cost more than text messages, so if you have a phone with a camera you'll use it.... The technology is not driven by performance but by cost, and the same internals will be used on dozens of phones. It looks dynamic, but in reality it's quick nasty engineering.

What do I use? Work gave me a Nokia 6021, which is rubbish, and I've got a SonyEricsson T610, which was okay, free, and never gets used....

Cheers
John