PDA

View Full Version : Trouble posting, what's up?

beskeptical
2005-Oct-30, 06:30 AM
I am logged in but when I post it asks me to log in again. The first time it happened was a few days ago and despite saying my post failed, the post was entered and it didn't happen any more during that session.

Now it did it to me twice in a row and the second time the post was lost!!! The page says I am logged in so what's going on?

Another member relayed a similar event trying to send a PM a few days ago as well.

PS, this posted without a problem.

Matthew
2005-Oct-30, 06:57 AM
When logging in make sure that you have the box "remember me" ticked.

Otherwise there may be a setting in your browser that is wrong. Which browser (if applicable: which firewall)?

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-30, 09:53 AM
I am logged in but when I post it asks me to log in again. The first time it happened was a few days ago and despite saying my post failed, the post was entered and it didn't happen any more during that session.

PS, this posted without a problem.

Same thing just happened to me. Hope this posted without issue.

Cheers!

beskeptical
2005-Oct-31, 11:40 PM
When logging in make sure that you have the box "remember me" ticked.

Otherwise there may be a setting in your browser that is wrong. Which browser (if applicable: which firewall)?Actually when I went to post and it said log in, I did and despite the error message the post appeared. But the second time (in a row that day) when I posted and it said to log in I did check the remember me box and that's when the post was lost.

But I will pay attention to that detail the next time we clear the temp files and I have to log in again.