PDA

View Full Version : This seems so familiar...

Charlie in Dayton
2005-Oct-31, 12:11 AM
...but I just can't put my finger on why... (http://www.ucomics.com/nonsequitur/2005/10/30/)

Celestial Mechanic
2005-Oct-31, 04:45 AM
Right on! I saw it and hoped that someone would post a link to it here. :clap:

SolusLupus
2005-Oct-31, 11:16 PM
*laughs loudly* That's just so wrong, yet SO right.

Though I would've found it funnier if they weren't chickens, but sheep. Would've been more symbolic too (the lambs of God and all that).

But yeah, no more comment, 'cause I think I'm dangerously close to the Religion thingy

NanC
2005-Nov-01, 12:06 AM
Very much fun is found making humor of religion on this board. Maybe to make a new area for that purpose?

SolusLupus
2005-Nov-01, 02:12 AM
Very much fun is found making humor of religion on this board. Maybe to make a new area for that purpose?

Start up the barbeque, that's a flame war bound to happen

TheBlackCat
2005-Nov-01, 02:57 AM
We are not making fun of religion. We are making fun of people who reject science and use religion as a justification for it. That is not the same thing as making fun of religion itself. In the end it comes down to making fun of people who reject science (or in this case reject reality itself), which we do whether they are religious or not. In fact, a great many of us are religious, and although I do enjoy making fun of myself I do not consider this topic to be an example.

SolusLupus
2005-Nov-01, 04:04 AM
In fact, a great many of us are religious...

Bah, that's just 'cause you're a *beep beep beep beeeeep beep beep beep*

...I didn't curse at all in that, but it's still left unsaid. You darn religious... uhm... person! Yeah.

*cough* Sorry, moment of silliness there.

When it comes to my personal belief, I just basically say, "I don't wanna touch that", and so I go on my own way, confidently clueless about the spiritual.

NanC
2005-Nov-01, 07:11 AM
We are not making fun of religion. We are making fun of people who reject science and use religion as a justification for it. That is not the same thing as making fun of religion itself. In the end it comes down to making fun of people who reject science (or in this case reject reality itself), which we do whether they are religious or not. In fact, a great many of us are religious, and although I do enjoy making fun of myself I do not consider this topic to be an example.
Thank you. You explain very well. It is easy to be confused but I see the difference you describe. I like that you taked the time to explain.

Gillianren
2005-Nov-01, 07:38 AM
That's what we're here for. (Wouldn't it be exciting to try having a "making fun of religion" section on a board where you weren't supposed to discuss religion? Yikes.)