PDA

View Full Version : Free Email Accounts

jkmccrann
2005-Nov-01, 06:28 PM
I am a little curious as to what free email accounts people use!

Personally, I primarily use HoTMaiL and have done so for going on 12 years now, well before it became a part of Microsoft for those of you not fully versed in the evolution of HoTMaiL. Anyway, that is really by-the-by.

I think HoTMaiL is a very good service, but I don't really know that much about the competition because to be honest, I have a heap of information I've built up in my HoTMaiL account and going to the trouble of moving that would be a hell of a task.

I have the 2GB Account, I have thousands of messages I've kept for various reasons going back years, and along with all that, my Address Book is absolutely full-to-the-brim. I think I have around 1200-1500 people in there, and this brings me to a secondary question, HoTMaiL tells me my Address Book/Contacts List is full and it won't let me add any more until I start deleting my friends already in there! Something I'm not prepared to do, and the fact is there are ways around their restrictions anyway.

But the question that arises from that is, does anyone else who uses a freemail account have problems, particularly with their Address Book? Have you run into the maximum contacts issue? I'm curious because I've never found someone with the same problem.

Anyhow, cheers.

GDwarf
2005-Nov-01, 08:34 PM
I use GMail, it has more space the hotmail (at least 8x as much, and rising), allows for much better organising of messages, and I can use any POP-3 e-mail program to check it. It also supports every text formatting tag that I ever use and has some other nifty features thrown in.

tyrie2001
2005-Nov-03, 10:38 AM
I use yahoo mail and gmail

Argos
2005-Nov-03, 12:45 PM
NO free email. Beware, they can take away your soul. :)

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Nov-03, 04:52 PM
Actually i have been using hotmail long before it was microsofts as well, it seems quite good and msn mesenger seems to be very poppular among all my friends. but i dont have more than 200 contacts, you might call me a loner.. so i havent faced any problems lie that yes but im sure you can buy some more space you know, is the 2GB divided in different reatios for contacts and mail strage by the way?

tlbs101
2005-Nov-04, 12:31 AM
I have been using Yahoo and Excite for about a decade, now. Yahoo gives 1 GB of space.

Excite just recently upgraded to a [sarcasm] whopping 125 Mb [end sarcasm]